Tuesday 13 September 2011

Who's drab???????

Hello hope everyone is ok and not too wind damaged.  Its still blowy here in Blackpool but I've risked putting my washing out - if anyone sees any towels go flying by please let me know!!

The perfume party was good last night although I've got a bit of a headache today I think I sniffed too many nice smells!

Well today I have made a card that I will probably give to my husband for his Birthday next month, that is if I don't make another I prefer but then he'll probably get two.  Its not my usual style but it is in the kind of colours that he likes (drab!) and he likes anything old (don't say it!!!!) so I thought this would probably appeal to him:


The papers are by Raspberry Road and the stamp is Paper Artsy.  I have distressed all the edges, I distressed the edges of the paper behind the image with a paper distresser and curled the edges over to make it look  older.  The advert for the Cologne is a download from Twisted Paper (they've got tons of really good images most $1 each) and I've distressed it a bit more. I've distessed the mesh behind the image so it wasn't too bright.  Here is another view:

The key is a Tim Holtz grunge die cut which I have distressed with Crackle Paint and then with Distress Ink on top.  The little clock in the corner I have embossed with Tim Holtz Distress embossing powder as it was bright gold coloured before.  I downloaded a verse for the inside and added it on to more Raspberry Road paper:

I think the photos are a bit on the bright side but I'm not very good with a camera!

I will enter it in the following challenges:

Creative Stamp Friends - Card for a Man
Pink Elephant - Vintage
The Shabby Tea Room - Boys will be Boys, Photo Inspiration
Paper Sundaes - Finishing Touches
Totally Gorjuss - Its a Man Thing
Fairy Fun Fridays - Masculine
Jellypark Friends - Pass it On (to my husband x)
The Paper Shelter - Embossing
Thanks for looking, take care xx

14 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This is fab sweetie i am loving all the different elements to it, hugs pops x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow this is lovely Susan. Love all the backing papers and design.
Diane xx

coops said...

fantastic male card susan.the vintage image and colours are fab :D

xx coops xx

inkydoodlecrafts said...

This is a lovely vintage card I'm sure your husband will love it. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

Bettina L. said...

This is just the perfect vintage male card. Loving all the details. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina x

Jennifer Scull said...

what a wonderful vintage card for your hubby! your post made me giggle! love the way you distressed that key. fabby!
so glad you joined our pass it on challenge at Jellypark Friends! :)

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card and no, didn't see any of your towels!! Thank you for joining in at Jellypark Friends Friday Challenge – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Jellypark Challenges

Suzie McFloozy said...

Great card - love the crackle paint x
Thanks for playing along with us at Jellypark friends Friday challenge & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Kreatives von Andrea said...

A beautiful card, i like Vintage.....the details are wonderful.

Thank you for your participation at Creative stamp Friends.

A nice greeting Andrea from germany

Shana said...

Love the vintage! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes -We hope to see you again soon!

Wuzimädi said...

Wow, what a georgeous card! Love that style, you used great papers and details!
Thanks so much for joining us at Creative stamp Friends this time.
Michi

Sara said...

What a cool card! I love all the vintageness of it. Thanks for playing along with Jellypark

Lysa said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Love the vintage look! Great job!

Thanks for playing along with us at "Prairie Fairy Fridays" and good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx