Wednesday 14 September 2011

Boxy Lady

Good morning everyone - hope you are all ok out there in blogland.  Another Wednesday and that can all mean one thing - its time to show off your worktops to the crafting world.  Since I had a tidy up at the weekend I'll be quite proud to show mine off for a change!  I tidied up all my worktops but had quite a few cards that needed boxes due to the embellishments so yesterday I had a box making session and here is the result:


The two top on the left I made on Monday but the card wasn't really thick enough so I went to the local Art Shop and bought some large sheets of 300gsm which is much bigger and made the rest.  I will decorate them to match the cards I put in them.  The following pictures are of my tidy worktops (can you tell there is a slight touch of smugness?):


Well I know its not pristine but its a big improvement on last week!! There are a few piles of things around but I know what I'm doing with them.  But take a look at this next picture:


Yippee - you can actually see my Cricket machine, wow I'd forgotten it was there! It was covered in cards and stamps which I have now put away. I've still not used it yet it still scares me however I have had a look at more videos on You Tube about it so I will get it out soon and start playing.  Unfortunately I have still not catalogued my stamps, I might share with you next week what I have done with them if I am not too ashamed (blushing).  Well that's it for me but if you would like to join in the fun hop over to Julia's blog and you can be the next to share your worktop.  Take care xx

25 comments:

Sarah said...

Looking very organised...looks like a peaceful place to create!
Thanks for sharing today! Sarah (at 2)

RosA said...

Wow! You make your own boxes? I would never have the patience. Your workspace looks lovely and organised. (Thanks for visiting my blog. HOH stands for Houses of History. It's a year long swap, so there's one to be done every month, but a few people have dropped out, so it's nearly finished, phew!)

Sandy said...

Oh wow so wonderful place for crafting. Very organised.
Happy WOYWW. Sandy #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love your organised,calm workspace - it's very peaceful. I like the fact you make the boxes - do you have a template and make them from card? Much cheaper/more satisfying than buying them :D x

Spyder said...

75 foot of the sticky stuff!?! oh wow, fabulous, it will last for ages and must be a cheaper way of buying it! This is only my second sheet,but it does make those clear/cling on type stamps extensive, I much prefer the wooden ones! Your desk looks fabulously clean and tidy, mine being just odd bits of MDF and 2 by 2 and old kitchen work tops never looks clean and tidy even when it is! I do have one of those boards to help score card to make boxes etc, but somehow they never look neat, always look home made, yours look great! Happy WOYWW, thank you for popping over...
(Lyn)

Karen said...

Brilliantly clean WOYWW - hey if you don't want your cricut I could give it a good home...LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's a very clean desk, love it! Have a happy Wednesday! Mel #51

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

You make boxes for your cards? That's so nice of you. :) Great shots of the desk.

sandra de said...

Ohhh I love your craft space and isn't it wonderful when you find something under all the bits and bobs that accumulate while creating.

CLaire said...

Wonderful space you have there...and get your cricut out... and play.... am sure it isnt that hard to use...and once you have let us all know what it is like... I am thinking of buying one...but unsure on what it can do

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tidy space and it looks so cosy too, hope the wind has blown itself out again. Great stack of boxes, you've certainly been busy.

Hugs
Brenda 88

Sunshine Girl said...

Looking very tidy and organised there! have fun getting it all messy again! tee hee

JoZart Designs said...

That's not just tidy it's PRISTINE!!! thanks for sharing.
JoZarty x

Hettie said...

Wow! That is one tidy desk!! Congratulations.
I don't knopw how you could have a Cricket and not play with it!! When my Silhouette came I couldn't get it out of the box quick enough!!

MadeByKarla said...

what a great space! I'd love to see how you decorate your boxes :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh so tidy...sure would be nice to have a clean space to mess up LOL!

cotnob said...

Well done you! I have loads of cards waiting for boxes that I can't quite bring myself to make. Your space looks wonderfully tidy, I'm far to embarrassed to show mine.
Pauline
x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love a clean and pristine setup. Those lights in the "ceiling" are very encouraging. Happy belated WOYWW.

Julia Dunnit said...

Looks like you just moved in! How marvellous and why shouldn't you feel a bit smug! Now pull that Cricut forward and get playing,it's not scarey, and it will only do what you tell it...so that's easy!

Elizabeth said...

Just a quick visit this week due to illness but hope to do better next week ... thanks for sharing your uber organised and tidy desk. I hope you have a great weekend. Elizabeth x #121

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

That is so wonderful that you also make boxes to package your cards in, I always wondered how everyone mails out with thick embellishments... love it.

Your creating space is so tiday, thanks for the peek inside.

Hugs, Jovi #114

okienurse said...

nice looking desk Sorry I am so late getting by this week but I wanted to pop by and visit your blog to say hello and to see what you are up to! Didn't have the time to post(except about newest Doswell addition) or craft the past two weeks due to being in Virginia visiting with the son's family to see the newest granddaughter born. Definitely a fun time none the less. Hope you have a great week. Vickie aka okienurse

voodoo vixen said...

I'm late... I'm late... sorry but it got a bit manic finishing the jiggies so they could go in the post and now I am trailing about days behind!! Love the tidy and neat work surfaces and so glad you found your stamps!!

Tertia said...

Great to see the very neat space! It is so much nicer to work at a tidy space.
Happy WOYWW

Neet said...

What a fab crafting area you have - and that desk is clinically clean. Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog. Hugs, Neet x