Friday 2 September 2011

2nd September 2011 - A word of Caution!

Well I need to warn you about a particular hazaard I have just discovered: glue dots and wet nails do not go together well!  I was just about to take a picture of my card to post and thought mmm could do with something just sticking down a bit.  I tried to squeeze some glossy accents in but that didn't hold so I thought I know what will do it - a glue dot.  Bearing in mind I had just done my nails cause I'm going out soon to meet a friend for coffee, I thought I'm sure I could just do it.  Not as easy as that when you're trying hard not to smudge your nails, tried tweezers then everything was stuck to the end of the tweezers - glue dot, card and my nails grrrrrr!  I have now managed but put an extra coat of polish on to hide the smudges lol.


I have used a Magnolia Tilda image which are always so cute.  The papers are from Nitwit which have a fab sale on all weekend - everything is reduced by 34% OMG my poor bank manager. I have used a Doohickey die for the border and spellbinder for the frame.  I will enter in the following challenges:

Always Something Creative - Use Pink and Brown
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Ribbon or Lace
Desert Island Crafts Challenge - Itenary (Choose 3 items from 10, I chose dry embossing, flowers and use a little green)
Cute Card Thursday - Use at least 1 Punch
Rainbow Lady's Challenge - Let's emboss it
Crafting for All Seasons - Bingo (I chose Ribbon, Glitter and flowers)
Crafty Creations - Use at least 3 punches/die cuts
Fab Funky Challenges - Embossing
Thanks for looking, take care xx

19 comments:

Basslady said...

a wonderful card with great punched shapes!
great choice of dp's!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

chrissy xx said...

One Gorgeous card! One Fab Tilda! LOve your colours too.
Chrissyxx

Jan said...

This is great thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card, I love NitWit papers just going to pop over for a look!
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Gorgeous card Suzie! The image is adorable, love the layout and the nestie.
Glad you sorted your nails out...lol
Hope you had a lovely afternoon with your friend.
Diane xx

Rainbow Lady said...

Just a stunning card Susan I love it.. Hope the nails are fine now lol
Thanks for embossing with me this week
Love Cynthia x

coops said...

stunning card susan.the image is really sweet and i love your gorgeous colours :D

xx coops xx

Shirl said...

Tilda is coloured fabulously and love the touch of sparkle on her dress. She really looks a cutie on those beautiful nitwit papers, wish you hadn't said about the sale lol.

Thanks for sharing with us at fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Clarissa Schupp said...

It´s a gorgeous card. Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at ASC.

Hugs

Andrea

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us at Rainbbow Ladys Challenge this week. Elizabeth x

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Great card, Susan. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

*Ang* said...

Oh dear Susan with your nail polish and glue dot issue. I'm glad you got it sorted in the end. Fabulous creation. I love the colour combination you've used. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Desert Island Crafters. Hugs, Ang x

Nana Donna said...

I love your card, the colors are all the elements. So glad you joined us at Crafty Creations challenge this week and hope to see you again

Jen Nelson said...

Hi Susan, what a lovely card. i'm forever smudging my nails with something or another.
Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Season jen xx

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous colouring on this cute Tilda, she looks so sweet on the embossed background.
Love your die cuts and punched border.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Avril

Jen said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

Stine said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joinig us at ASC.
Hugs STine

Fliss said...

A really sweet card and lovely choice of colours.
Thanks for joining in with FSC Ribbon and Lace challenge and good luck.
Fliss x

mgoll88 said...

Sweet Card
Thanks for playing with us at Allways something creative

LG
Michaela