Thursday 15 September 2011

Panic over!

Well I was so pleased with myself after tidying my craft room at the weekend and sharing the pictures yesterday on What's on Your Worktop Wednesday and then I almost went and ruined it all!  How?  Well, I received my new Lili of the Valley stamps last week and then dumped them on the pile on my worktop.  When I was sorting them out as I still haven't got round to sorting out a catalogue system I quickly put all my new ones in a plastic box in my storage system and put my Christmas ones in another plastic box - good idea I thought.  Anyhow yesterday I thought mmm I haven't used my new LOTV stamps I think I'll have a play.  PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are they??? I couldn't find them.  Well boxes were tipped out, neat piles of paper were ransacked and even the waste paper basket (which was rammed full to the top) was overturned and I still couldn't find the little blighters!  Totally despondant I realised I must have thrown them out when I was tidying up and the bin men had been on Tuesday :-{ Well that's what you get when you try to be tidy I thought, better to live in chaos at least I knew where everything was then.  But as I was getting up to go and cheer myself up with some cake I glimpsed something on the back of the chair:


Ah ha - that's where I keep empty bags ready to put in the waste basket and, guess what - yes that's right, my stamps were in there!  I'd bought some stash from the garden centre last week and when I got home my stamps had arrived and I had put everything in the bag which I hung there when I was tidying and completely forgot about everything whe hey its like Christmas!!

I was so pleased that I finally got to play with them and this is the card I made:


Don't you think that image is so sweet? I love these papers when I was looking for the stamps I found this pad of papers which is A4 Papermania and I have no idea when I got them but whenever I did they were half price, they must be last years but a lot of them have gold embellishment on them and they are really pretty, I had no idea I had them!!  The sentiment is from Pink Petticoat, a digi download, and I have put Gold Stickles in between all the letters, I have also added the stickles to the rose in the middle but you can't see it that well.  Isn't mirri card a faff to photo its either too bright or you can't tell its mirri card, this is the best I could do.  I will enter this card in the following challenges:

Lili of the Valley - Red White and Green
Papercraft Star - Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Celebrate the Seasons (I did winter)
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Flowers
Heart Song Inspirations - Use Gliter and/or Chipboard
Woodware USA - Happy Holidays
Stampfairy - Sketch
Christmas Inspirations - Use Glitter
Pile it On - Layers
Delicious Doodles - Fresh New Start (I used new stamp)

I'd like to say a big thank you to Cynthia at Rainbow Lady's Challenge because I won the challenge and I received my voucher for Joanna Sheen today a big thank you to both of them!
Thanks so much for looking, and thank you for my new followers for joining I'm so pleased you joined, take care xx

12 comments:

Mandy said...

Been there done that and the feeling is awful,so I try now to put everything in it's place as soon as I get it,the down side is I then promptly forget it,but it's great when you then find things weeks later..Your card is beautiful I'm loving the new LOTV images....
Mandy x

Carol said...

So glad you found your stamps Susan. You've made a fab card, love the backing papers. Thanks for following me - I've reciprocated. Carol x

Hazel said...

I'm so pleased you found your stamps otherwise we wouldn't have seen this beautiful card. Hazel x

Márcia Mattos said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations!
Hugs
Márcia

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you found your stamps cause this card is just gorgeous! The colors are so rich. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Suzie thanks for popping over and have done the same thing with small piece of Spellbinder tidying up - but thank the Lord mine too was rescued - phew! happy WOYWW not sure where your WOYWW post is but do love your LOTV card, Shaz in oz.x

Davi said...

Glad you found your stamps LOL This is a very pretty card..love the rich colors and the darling image!! Thanks for sharing with us at HSI this week.

Dana Joy said...

Missing stamps??? That's cause for a breakdown for sure. LOL. Love your card. Thanks for playing along with us at HSI.

Julie said...

LOL! it's not just me that loses things then!Brilliant Card !,Glad you joined us at LCI,be sure to call by Tuesday for some exciting news! Julie.x

Designing with Debbie said...

I am so jealous of your craft room. It is amazing. I love your card and the color combo you chose. Thanks for joining the Heart Song challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.
Debbie HSI DT

Bev said...

So glad you found your stamps, done that so many times myself lol. Fabulous card, love the touches of gold. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week x

Lena Katrine said...

Great creation in a beautiful designs and georgeous details! Thanks for joining us at LOTV this time - hope to see you again at our next challenge :)
Hugs, Lena K