Friday 30 September 2011

The Anniversary Waltz (or in this case, card)

Phew another scortcher today, it was so nice we had lunch in the garden something we've hardly done all summer! Its Friday and the weekend is looming hooray.  I'm off in the morning to London to spend it with my son, his wife and my grandson Harrison who will be one on Monday. I can't believe its a year since he was born.  He was such a big baby 10lb 8 oz - went straight into 3 - 6 month clothing!! He is having his first birthday party on Sunday and I am so looking forward to seeing him.

Today I have made an anniversary card for my husband, its our anniversary in October and saw a digital sentiment on Whimsy stamps that I knew he would like.  Its a quote from John Lennon and my husband is mad on anything to do with him.  I think its a bit of a funny (not ha ha but peculiar) quote for an anniversary card I'm not quite sure about it but I've done it now so its too late.  I'm trying to type this with wet nails and its very difficult without smudging!  I have taken a few pictures as I made a new type of card following a tutorial from Bev:


This is the front of the Criss Cross card and here is a picture of it without the insert:


I can't seem to take a straight picture for love nor life!  Here's a picture (a bit straighter) of the insert:


See what I mean about the sentiment?  The papers are digital - Raspberry Road and cardstock is Coredinations. I have distressed the Insert with TH Antique Linen and Spun Sugar using cut n dry foam (that stuff is so useful).  I have used my Edgeabilities again - can't stop using them!! I will enter this in the following challenges:-

Charisma Cardz Challenge - Love
Paper Pretties - Sentiment as Focal Point
The Play Date Cafe - Colour Challenge
Cooking it up with Katie - Punch, Pair and a Pocket
Crafts and Me Challenge - Flowers
Lady Bug Crafts Ink TLT - Fall/Fancy Folds
Sweet Stamps - Criss Cross Card
Pile it On - Fancy Folds
I hope you all have a fab week-end I know I will :-], thanks for looking, take care xx

23 comments:

Sue B said...

Aww this this is a gorgeous Anniversary card Susan! your hubby will love it especially with that fab John Lennon quote! (I really like it) Love the Red and Cream combo. Papers, borders and flowers are all delish! and I love the Criss Cross Cards so much - I'm going to have to have a go at one soon!
Hope you have a fab weekend with your son and family. Can't get over Harrison being 10lb 8oz!!! Wowzer!!! My daughter was 4lb 4oz! but she was premature as I had to have Caesarian. I actually had to put her in dolls clothes for the first few months!!!
Enjoy the sunshine! ;-)
Hugs Sue xx

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Susan, sure your hubby will love it. Enjoy your weekend. Carol x

Janette said...

My goodness Sue I just adore that sentiment, I am a huge JL fan and I think this is perfect.....Fabulous card to go with it to...almost for got to say that then, so carried away with John...lol...have a wonderful time with your Grandson.xx

pinky said...

So gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh I love that sentiment inside your special card. This is a fabulous anniversary card!!Thank yopu for sharing your creativity at Pile it On this week.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card! love the flowers
Lindsay xx

coops said...

wow this is stunning susan.gorgeous colours and design and i love the beautiful verse :D

xx coops xx

Paula said...

Hiya Susan,

What a fab card - your hubby will love it!!!

Just realised that you're from sunny Blackpool too - small world! Lol

Paula. x

http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/

cotnob said...

This is a perfect anniversary card, the sentiment is lovely. Have a good weekend.
Pauline
x

xxxtglxxx said...

This is pretty, I love your punched edges! :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

The Crafty Elf said...

Firstly....Congratulations on your Anniversary!! Secondly....What a beautiful card Susan and the sentiment is awesome! Enjoy the time with your family and your Grandson's first birthday. Such wonderful times!

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful pocket card! Thanks for playing along at Cooking It Up with Katie this week Hope to see you again next week, too.
NanaConnie DT

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a lovely creation, thanks for sharing!
Hey, Pixie Dust Paperie is celebrating our 1st birthday with a giveaway and lots of special this month, I am inviting you to join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

A beautiful criss cross card and lovely poem very romantic.
Chris x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card...I love the sentiment and your papers and layout are all gorgeous...Hope you had a lovely weekend with your family...
Mandy x

Penny said...

I like the quote!
thanks for cooking it up with katie.. laughed at your crooked photos (not that i could tell) i seem to have the same issue!

Jeannie from PolkaCabana.wordpress.com said...

This is adorable! Thanks for playing along on Sweet Stamps blog. I love how you lined the edges with that border! Very sweet!

Lisa Elton said...

What a touching sentiment Susan! Your hubby is sure to treasure this beautiful card. Very lovely design!

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

What a beautiful card. Love the details. Thanks for joining our challenge at Sweet Stamps this week.

crazyribbonlady said...

So sweet! Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week!
Emma x

Jackie Randolph said...

Gorgeous Criss-Cross card, with your beautiful papers and details. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Cooking it Up with Katie!

Ruby said...

Ooh beautiful project! I love your criss cross card and the colours you've used are perfect for our challenge, love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so pretty, Susan! LOVE that quote! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!