Saturday 10 September 2011

S.O.D. (Season of Death)

Well that's my name for Autumn anyway.  As I have said in a previous blog, I hate Autumn cause everything is dying (hence S.O.D.) and you know Winter can't be far behind. I used to hate winter even more but as I've got older I don't seem to mind it as much anymore, it can be quite cosy snuggled up in a warm house (providing the gas doesn't go up too much) with the curtains drawn and the candles on, not to mention a glass of wine!! So to try and make me feel a bit better about Autumn I have made a card to herald the start of Autumn (I don't think its officially started yet but it sure feels like it).  Autumnal colours are some of my favourite all earthy and warm - terracottas and greens - yummy.


The papers are by Raspberry Road - lovely papers all digital - and the image is a free digi courtesy of the talented Beccy's Place (there's a link on my sidebar) which I have coloured with Copics. I have stamped and embossed the leaves then cut them out and added them with foam pads.  The sentiment is computer generated I got it from Great Inspirational Quotes they have loads of free quotes and I printed it out on to Kraft Card which I then distressed. I also distressed the netting behind the sunflower.  I will enter this card in the following challenges:

Cardmadfairy's Digi Days - Add Flowers (must use digi image)
Paper Cutz Challenge - Pumpkin Patch
Stempelsonne - Brown, Orange and Green
Craft Us Crazy - Autumn Colours and/or Favourite Embellishment
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Fall Colours
Scrapalicious - Fall Theme
Everybody Art Challenge - Autumn
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Stam-n-Doodle - Anything Goes
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations - Autumn
Stamp With Fun - Autumn
Thanks for looking please leave a comment if you can, take care xx

18 comments:

Dreja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dreja said...

Eine ganz wundervolle Karte!

Ich freue mich, daß du bei der Stempelsonnenchallenge mitmachst. Danke dafür.

Liebe Grüße Dreja

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Susan, Your card is gorgeous. Lovely autumn colours and beautifully coloured. Love all the detail.
Diane xx

p.s I bought the plastic dummy charm from a local craft shop at a rediculous cheap price I'm sure they were 5p each. You don't get the silver rings just the dummy. If you type in Google "Gifts from the heart craft barn" It's in Barr Beacon Aldridge. I actually know the owner she's a good friend of mine. Any problems finding it just come back over to my blog.

Tina said...

Eine Wunderschöne Karte ist das. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.
Liebe Grüße
Tina

Carol Ann said...

Lovely Autumn card with gorgeous digi papers the way you have incorporated the flower is very effective. I love the colours of autumn, winter is definitely not my favourite time of year but I have to agree closing the curtains, fire on and all snuggled up on the settee is one of my favourite times during winter too. Thanks for playing along at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days this time.
Carol Ann xx

Joanne Gilch said...

Wonderful creation! Thank you so much for joining the Anything Goes challenge at Daisy Doodles.

Bengelmama said...

Wunderbar ist das Kärtchen.

Vielen Dank das du bei der Stempelsonnenchallenge mitmachst. Viel Glück!

NAdine

sammi said...

Gorgeous card! I absolutely love the flower! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us in our "Anything Goes/New Moon" challenge at Daisy's Doodles.

Angie said...

Brilliant card so sweet love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

Bastelfalter said...

Wow...deine Karte gefällt mir sehr gut.
Tolle Gestaltung, super!
Danke fürs Mitmachen bei der Stempelsonnen-Challenge.
Viele Grüße
Bastelfalter

Jenny said...

A lovely card and great embellishments.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card, love the sunflower
thank you for joining us at DS4J this fortnight Love Jan
xx

sandra's crafty corner said...

beautiful card chuck, the colours are lovely,thanks for joinign us at cardmadfairy's digi days for our flowers challenge,
good luck hugs sandra DT

Bastelfalter said...

Eine tolle Karte. Wunderschön gestaltet. Klasse!
Danke fürs Mitmachen bei der Stempelsonnen-Challenge.
Viele Grüße
Bastelfalter

Seija said...

What a wonderful autumn season card.
Thank you for joining us at Stempelsonnenchallenge.
Hugs Michi

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Love the embossed leaves and the netting. Great ideas.

I hopped over here from Paper Cutz Challenge
Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Bengelmama said...

Beautiful.

Vielen Dank bei der Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonnenchallenge

Nadine

Jen Leeflang said...

I love the colours and the image you used. Thanks for joining us on the Digistamps 4 Joy "Colours of fall" challenge.
luv n huggz
Jen
DS4J DT LEAD & CHALLENGE CO-ORDINATOR