Monday 19 September 2011

Should have gone to Spec Savers


Well that's what my husband said to me when he saw my attempt at some artful digital re-mastering!!  I was only trying to add soft edges to the thing and look what happened! The program I have seems to have everything but a simple soft edge so I've installed an old one I've found at that has soft edges - whew.  Actually I kind of like that picture I think I'll ask Dave to take a picture of me and use it - its gotta be flattering hasn't it?  Anyway here is a proper picture:
Mmm not sure which I prefer now!  Anyway the image is one of my new Lili of the Valley stamps that I almost lost last week.  I have coloured her with Copics and added True Snow and Glamour Dust to the snow on the ground.  To the falling snow I have used Pearl drops oops I mean Liquid Pearls (I think Pearl Drops is toothpaste isn't it?) and Glamour Dust to the Liquid Pearls.  The paper is my Papermania pad I found last week when I was looking for the stamps - so pleased with that find. The music paper is from Nitwits and I have distressed it.  I have embossed the metal corner and added flowers and lace from Wild Orchid.  Thanks to the fantastic Bev for her tutorial on attaching flowers, she is so helpful and has loads of video tutorials including one today for making shrink plastic embellishments from dies and embossing them.  I've been experimenting with it - a work in progress I think, she makes it look so easy.  One more "arty" picture from me:


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

The Corrosive Challenge - Punches and Dies
Gingerloft - Vintage or Distressed
CES Challenge - Use at least 4 different embellishments (I used flowers, lace, Corner thingy, Stickles, True Snow, Liquid Pearls, Glamour Dust, D.P. and die cut)
CHNC Challenge - Use glitter
Designed 2 Delight - Girls and Glitter
Sweet Stampin - Flowers, Flowers, Flowers
Paperworks - Distessing, Lace and Pearls
Christmas Stampin - Photo Inspiration
Magical Monday Challenge - Christmas in September
Winter Wonderland - Girly Christmas
Thank you so much for looking, take care xx

20 comments:

Carol said...

Your card is gorgeous Susan, love the colours and the roses look fabulous. Carol x

Hazel said...

Gorgeous card (including the arty shots!) - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 38 - hope to see you again soon. x

Hazel said...

I quite like the arty shot too! However, the clear one means we can see the gorgeous card properly. Beautiful. Hazel x

An Occasional Genius said...

Well I nearly adjusted my set there lol! The effect's quite nice when you get used to it but definitely better seen in sharp focus-it's beautiful! Fab choice of papers & so wonderfully embellished. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie i am loving this so much gorgeous colours and gorgeous work hugs pops x

Marjorie said...

Wow hun, this is gorgous, love what you have done with the music paper stunning!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

chrissy xx said...

Thought I hadn't my reading glasses on lol when I first saw your card! Most things look like this to me without them he! he!
Ah!! this is better!! Now this second one is Fabulous! Your flowers are sooooo pretty.
Love your papers and this is one cute image!Great colouring too!
Chrissyxx

Tracey T said...

Oh this is so, so pretty! Love the soft colours and the image is just gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

paige said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft!

Lynn said...

What a heavenly piece! And the detail and image is beautiful! Love the ghostly image on the first shot, adds to the ambience.
Thanks so much for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges:)
Huggs
Lynn xx

coops said...

stunning card susan.i love the gorgeous image and your colours and details are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

downrightcrafty said...

wow what a gorgeous girlie card and great coloring too, stunning thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate
PS I have some candy if you are interested:)

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Susan, fab choice of added embellies and lovely colourwork! Thank you so much for joining in with us at CES this week :) Donna ♥ x

MacKenzie said...

Just beautiful! I'm thrilled that you joined us for our photo inspiration challenge this week over at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!

Danielle said...

Wow - beautiful card! I love the arty touches to your creation and the image is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week!
Hugs, Danielle

Hazel said...

Such a stunning card, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Magical Mondays Challenges for our Christmas in September challenge and good luck,
H xx

allex said...

Beautiful card Susan ! the colours are gorge but ...... just how long did it take for the toothpaste to dry ???? lol lol

Thanks for joining us at Magical Mondays.

Good Luck, Sandra xx

Barbara said...

That's magical! Great card!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Super stunning. Thank you for playing with PWCO this month.
Hugs
Tanya

Linda Palmer said...

This is such a darling card. Beautiful too! Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge. I love the LOTV stamps too!