Wednesday 7 September 2011

7th September 2011 - WOYWW

Gosh it doesn't seem a week has passed since the last What's on Your Worktop Wednesday does it? Actually when I woke up I thought it was Saturday so it was quite nice to have gained 3 days!  This week on my worktop is more experimenting:


This time I found some Perfect Pearls in my drawer that had never been opened (no surprise there then). The little butterfly things have absolutely nothing to do with anything they just came out of a nestie frame I did and they were too cute to throw away! For my experiment, I cut some Grunge paper out with my Nesties, painted it with Tim Holtz Crackle Paint (Picket Fence) and covered it with the Gold Perefect Pearls.  I must admit I think it looks really nice so I will use them on a Christmassy Card I think.  The other colours in the Perfect Pearls pack look really nice - they are all metallic colours.  If anyone has a good idea of what to do with them please leave me a message in my comments box as I'd love to try it.  I do have another picture to share but it is not of my worktop:


This is what I found after I stripped the covers of the settee in the conservatory to wash!

Anyhow if you go over to Julia's blog you can have a good old nosey at everyone else's worktop across the world I can guarantee that it is highly addictive!  No card from me today I am off to meet a friend for lunch and shopping - lol!

Take care x

12 comments:

jude said...

It's amazing what we find stashed away in our craft rooms that wed forgotten about.Not even opened im the same .Have fun with your pearls and happy woyww
hugs judex6

Twiglet said...

Cute kitties!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Friend and shopping sounds like the perfect combo to me, hope you have a great day! I like those baroque swirly cut outs (sorry, I'm a non cardmaker so don't understand the techy lingo) and the metallic colours. I'd quite like some eyeshadow like that, lol!!

marjoleincreatief said...

Stash is great when you have à creative dip. Just snoop in THE stash and most amazing things will come out.

Just love to have things I forget I have.

Greetz, marjolein

Anonymous said...

Love the results of your play, I've never used perfect pearls so have no ideas for you I'm afraid!

Julia Dunnit said...

Perfect Pearls are fab..pre-mixed with gum arabic so they set well - mix with a bit of water for paint or spray...stipple onto different colour pigment ink stamped images..the mica changes subtly on different colours. Yummy stuff,for sure.

Kate said...

Ive never used perfect pearls , and wouldnt have a clu about them lol so good luck with that :0) Cute kitties mine would be doing the very same thing.
Kate x

Hettie said...

I have that set of PPs too - lurve the copper one!
Isn't it nice when we find things we have forgotten about? It is like going shopping without having to pay for it?!!!
I wonder if you could use it for eyeshadow!!!

Sunshine Girl said...

I love perfect pearls - if you ink up anything brush some over the top they give it a fantastic sparkle and then you can stamp over the top too. Fabulous stuff.

Angie said...

PP are brilliant when using them as a paint or spray ... like a glimmer mist. In the past I have rubbed them on Fimo mini plaques before baking and the effect is stunning. Funny ...I too mentioned this week, about using stuff stuck in a drawer and not used before....have fun.

Shoshi said...

Lovely desk! Those swirly cutouts are just gorgeous. About the perfect pearls - if you go to my blog http://shoshiplatypus.blogspot.com and look at my recent post on the Ink Dusters tutorial, watch the first video and you can see some cards I made, using the metallic perfect pearls like watercolours. You just dip a wet brush into the perfect pearls and mix it with some water spritzed on your craft mat, and paint with it. I love the effect!! Have fun with it. I love PP and wouldn't be without it - got lots of colours now.

Elizabeth said...

Hi, it's Saturday and Im still doing the rounds. Interesting stuff on your desk this week - I've got some Perfect Pearls, different colours though, and love using them. They can be used in a variety of ways as Shoshi has mentioned. Using them as watercolours gives beautiful results. Hope you enjoy your weekend. Elizabeth x #50