Thursday 22 September 2011

LOTV Challenge

Good morning all hope you are all okay.  I'd like to welcome my new followers and thank them for becoming followers :-] xx  Today is the new LOTV challenge which is Aqua and White.  I have used a stamp from this year's collection and it is the first time I've used it.  I decided to emboss it rather than stamp and colour and I have paper pieced the baubles with some holographic silver paper which I also embossed but you can't tell too well.  I've done two pictures because it is difficult to see the embossing with my photographic skills!!


The embossing powder is some Moon Glow I've had yonks its really pretty as it changes colour in the light.  Here is another picture:

Actually I can't see the difference between the two pictures!  The poinsetta and bauble charm I have done following the fab Bev's tutorial.  The gem brad in the poinsett was blue but I changed it so it was more aqua and I've done the same with the pearls.  I will enter it in the following challenges:

LOTV - Aqua, White and Glitter
Party Time Tuesdays - Sketch and/or Monochromatic
Shopping our Stash - No colouring allowed
Paper Creations Ink - Buttons or Bows
Aly's Sunday Sketch - Add a Bow
Sparkles Forum Challenge - White and One other Colour
Challenge Up Your Life - Paper Piecing
Crafty Hazlenuts Christmas Challenge - Glitter
The Stamp Man - Monochrome plus One Colour

My husband starts his treatment today for the next 6 1/2 weeks so I am going to try and do another card today so I have some in reserve to be able to post if I don't have time to make any in the coming weeks.  Hopefully he will be ok with it but the main thing is that it works as it was so disappointing when the surgery had not cleared it all away. 

On a happier note I found out that I won Tracy's candy on the Dies to Die for blog whippee!! A big thank you to Tracy for the beautiful diesxxx  There is still candy to be won if you hop over girl sxx
Thanks for looking please leave a comment so I know you've been!  Take care xx

14 comments:

Hazel said...

This is gorgeous - so lovely and glittery - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 38 - hoped to see you again soon x

June Houck said...

Susan, I think your photography skills are quite good….embossing and holographic paper are so tricky to photograph. Art is usually so much prettier IRL, but this is obviously a beauty from your photo! The flower is as stunning as the embossing and fabulous papers.

Thank you for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

gorgeous elegant card
Lindsay xx

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! What a beautiful, sparkly creation! Thank you for playing along with Shopping Our Stash!

Molly's Crafty Moments said...

What a stunning card. I just love your flower embellishment. Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink. Molly x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous, that stamp looks beautiful embossed and I love your poinsettia.
Pauline
x

Carol said...

This is fabulous Susan, love everything about it. Carol x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card - what a beautiful colour x Thanks for joining the stampman challenge

Nancy said...

I hope that your husband will have successful treatment. Your card is amazing, and I adore the blue!! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, omw this is divine the colours are just gorgeous i love embossing perfect for our challenge, thanks for joining us at LOTV hugs pops x

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, very elegant! Thanks for taking part in the Sparkles Forum Challenge xx

Janette said...

Stunning card, so gorgeous and so elegant. Have a fab week-end.xx

Pat said...

O this card makes good use of my weakness, satin and sparkly things :0) Your colors are so beautiful and very elegant! Love your flower and the big beautiful bow pulls the whole card together. Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

coops said...

stunning card susan.really beautiful design and i love the sparkle ;D

xx coops xx