Thursday 8 September 2011

8th September 2011

Hi there hope everyone is ok and on the countdown for the weekend (don't get too excited - more rain forecast).  I live in Blackpool and the Illuminations started last week-end which always seems to herald the start of windy, wet weather, I don't know how it happens but it always seems to be the case.  I think all those lights attract the storm clouds!!

On a happier note, at least it gives us a good excuse to stay locked up in our craft rooms/spaces/tables whatever (do we really need an excuse - absolutely not!!).  I had a nice time yestereday, went to the Trafford Centre and met a friend.  We did a bit of shopping and had a nice lunch.  I was back in time to do some crafting and my husband took me out for tea - what more could a girl ask for??

The card I have made is another Christmas card (well it is September) and I have used some stamps that I have had for a couple of years.  I'm enjoying this recycling whilst I wait for my LOTV stamps to arrive!  The images are quite cute and are wooden stamps by Judikins - I don't know about anyone else but I really like wooden stamps, they feel so nice when you hold them but I don't really buy them anymore cause acrylic and unmounted take up so much less space. 


The photo isn't too good, it doesn't pick up the gold embossing on the music script behind the images which I got from LOTV.  The corner thingamy jigmy was some grunge paper that I painted with Crackle Paint and added Perfect Pearls to.  The paper is Memory Box "Mistletoe" collection and I have computer generated the sentiment and popped it on a Nestie label.  Now I have actually done the inside as well.  I don't often do the inside although I sometimes do but don't bother photographing it.  But I have been looking at Diane's blog, who is one of my (few) followers and they all leave me such nice and encouraging comments, and she always does the inside (and back) of her cards and it does look so nice and finishes the card off so I have done the inside of this too!


So there we are - thank you Diane!  You can also see the music script better on this shot. I will enter this card in the following challenges:

365 Cards - So Not Me, something you don't usually do (I don't usually do the inside)
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Children
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Festive Cheer in September
Paper Play Challenges - Use 2 or More Stamps (I've used 3)
Little Red Wagon - Use a Die cut (I used 5!)
The Paper Variety - Use a Stamp
Truly Scrumptious - Decorate the inside of your card
Creative Card Fun - Anything Goes
Scrap-Creations - Winter Wishes
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge - Anything Goes
Oldie But a Goodie - Christmas in September (must use a stamp over 6 months old, no digis)

Thank you for looking, please leave a comment and I can come and visit you!  Take care x

17 comments:

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for joining in with our first challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS, play again soon, also CRAFT loves seeing your creation x carol

pinky said...

Oh that is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Pinky

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

sharon said...

Great card, I love the colours especially the gold. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

Kim Mc said...

Absolutely adorable, Susan! Even though this isn't your usual style, your creation is perfect! Thanks for playing in the 365 Cards "So Not Me" challenge and I hope to see you again!
Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT

gina g said...

This is soo sweet i love the cute little angels. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons for our 1st challenge and good luck. luv gina xx

Liz's creative corner said...

This is lovely, love the cute images, I live near Chorley so not that far from you,and yes do we get the weather too, lol

thanks so much for sharing with us at Paper play, hugs Liz xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi it's just me again I can't find your followers button hunny,hugs liz xx

coops said...

gorgeous card susan.the images are adorable and great design :D

xx coops xx

chrissy xx said...

Fabulous! LOve both the outside and in!
These two images are sooooo cute! LOve your thingamy jigmy lol.
Chrissyxx

Kerry said...

This is gorgeous Susan...I have those stamps!!!! I must dig them out :-D Both inside and out are flabulous...fantastic job. Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx

Julie said...

I just love those golden frames! Hope you had fun with our blog hop and that we see you again for another great Ladybug challenge this week!Julie.x

Jackie Randolph said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love all the gold within the card! Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Joanne said...

Very sweet! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Fleur said...

Oh this is adorable. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Paper Play Challenges! Sure hope you join us again soon!