Thursday 1 September 2011

1st September 2011

Morning crafters!  Well we had a nice day with Max and Emma, Max brought round his new Mario game and was happy playing on the Wii with Granddad and Emma made a cute Halloween card.  Since they are at school next week we are taking them to see the Smurf movie on Sunday - can't wait (I think Granddad can!!).  Today I have made a different kind of card.  When I say different I mean I haven't actually used a stamped image.  I've found (I know if I was tidier I wouldn't "find" things on my worktop - but what's the fun in that I say?) a sheet of images I printed out yonks ago.  The images are all vintage and are really cute, they're from a CD from Tuscan Rose which I have had a while.


The paper is from a pad I've had ages from Papercraft 4 You.  I have computer generated the sentiment, added some flowers from Wild Orchid and the charm I have had ages (finally using some of this stash, well you can only look at it for so long and besides I need the room to get more!!).  I will enter in the following challenges:

Simon Says Challenge and Blog hop - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me Challenge - Add a Charm
Little Red Wagon - Border Punches
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Flower Power
Bearly Mine Challenge - Flowers, Flowers, Flowers
Creative Craft Challenges - Just Charming
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Use Hearts
My Time to Craft - in Full Bloom
CD Sunday Challenge - Just Because (must use something from a CD)
Thanks for looking, please leave a comment and I would love if you would join my followers :-]xx

22 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Susan :-) the vintage photo is lovely and the colours and embellies are fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp-tember Hop and Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Nannieflash said...

Wow a cheeky card for sure, love it though. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, and lovely pretty colours.
Margaret

Carol said...

Hi Susan. What a lovely card. I love the mixture of toning blues you have used. I am with you about the charm. I look at mine and try not to say - you can only use this once.
Thank you for joining in with our Challenge at Cd Sunday.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Candy C said...

HI Susan! Your card is quite lovely. I love the different blues that you chose to use on this. The ribbon and bow are beautiful and work perfectly with your design. Love the matting of the picture and the birthday sentiment. The flower embellishment and the hanging heart charm are really perfect as well. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Apassionforpaper said...

Lovely card Susan, love your layout and colour scheme, thank you for joining us at MTTC this week.

Warmest wishes, Julie Ann x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card
Beryl x

Christine said...

Hi Susan, a beautiful card and I love your tones of Blue. Lovely the flower and the hanging charm.
Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

chrissy xx said...

Just Gorgeous! LOve these colours. LOve the blue foliage too!
Chrissyxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful Card, love the colours.

Sue x

Diane's Card Designs said...

What a lovely image and love the fresh blue colours. The ribbon and flowers finish it off beautifully.
Hope you enjoy the movie!
Diane xx

Rosanne said...

Just lovely! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

cheryl said...

oh this is one really gorgeous card love the image beautiful colors on this too,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week love hugs cherylxxxxx

Tess said...

Fabulous card. Love your colour choice. Thanks for joining us this week at Cd Sunday. x

Lisa B - our2angelsinheaven said...

Lovely shades of blue in this card. And I love the gorgeous ribbon. I am happy that you got to play along with our Flower Power at the Sisterhood of Crafters.

starcyl said...

Hello Susan, this is a pretty card, I love the ribbon and your charm hanging from it, very brave to use it.lol
Thanks for sharing this with us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Elena said...

Colors are fantastic and fabolous details, specianly the flowers; really beautiful card.
Thank you for joining at Deep Ocean, hoping to see you again for next challenge with another super creation!

Hugs,
Elena

Purple Crazy said...

Beautiful card , love those blues and that bow, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday xx

gina g said...

Very pretty card i love all the blue tones. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Britta Swiderski said...

Love this vintage image and the colors you've paired with it. Lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Cards By MI said...

Really really sweet. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this time. Please join us again next time for another fun challenge!
Love n hugs
Marie

dragonllew said...

Great card thanks for joining us for our Just Charming challenge at Creative Craft Challenge.
Jenny x