Saturday 14 January 2012

Pink Canary??

Why not after all you have poetic license so I presume you can have artistic license?  Anyway pink they are:


Well there's loads of pink canaries there for you!  The stamp is a Penny Jonson Vintage one by Stampavie and I have coloured it with Promarkers.  I have matched it up with some delish papers from First Edition - Bird Song, very apt.  I have added a crown pin and some flowers from Wild Orchid Craft and the cheesecloth is also from Wild Orchid and I have added some pink acrylic paint to it.  I have used my Edgeabilities border dies. Spellbinders for the bird cage which is cut from grunge paper and then painted with Crackle Paint and some Spun Sugar DI used on it. Marianne die for the birds which are also cut from grunge paper painted with Crackle paint and then a metallic pink paint added over the top.  The ribbon and card stock are from my stash. Lots of lurvly pink on there yummy!  I would like to enter the following challenge:

Card Makin' Mamas - Use Something New (Stamp, dies, paper, promarkers)
Crafty Catz - Use Something New
Delicious Doodles - All Things New
Frosted Designs - Use Paint
Phindy's Friday - Tic Tac Toe (I used pearls, ribbon and flowers)
Cooking it up With Katie - Pink, Pearls and Flowers
Penny's Paper Crafty - Birds
Truly Scruptious - Shabby Pastel and Paint
Papertake Weekly - Die Cut Special
Passion for Promarkers - Inspired by a Song (Well its gotta be The Birdie Song lol)
Well I have got my ticket for the NEC and booked my train ticket yippee all set! I'm sure March will come round in no time at all.  Hope you are all having a great weekend and enjoying the beautiful sunshine wherever you are.  Take care xx

25 comments:

Doreen said...

I think your pink canary is gorgeous Susan,I love the layout of this as well,beautiful.xxx

Unknown said...

Stunning Susan luv the colours, so jealous your going to the NEC I would luv to go.
Chris x
Have a great weekend.

Claire said...

Gorgeous card - love the colours you have used on this too. Hugs, Claire x

chrissy xx said...

Course I see 'pink canaries' all the time lol.
Fabulous card! LOve your colours Susan.
Chrissyxx
Never been to the NEC ....Do go to Harrogate though. What I spend on Crafts...I save on petrol...by not going to the NEC if that makes sense lol.

Jenny said...

A lovely card, cute image and I really like the bird cage die.
Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
Jenny

Vicky said...

Fabulous Susan..! love the image and all your elements hun...and I wish I was going to the NEC...but I will be going to Farnborough next month followed by Ally Pally woohooo :o)

have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Susan..love your pink canary...
pretty papers and lovely bow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful creation Susan, I love the pastel pink and the flower's.
Hugs Julie x

Sandy said...

Hey Pretty Lady - I do love your hair!! I hope this doesn't sound bad Susan but a lot of times when people comment on my cards I will go see what they have been up to. And I am always glad I do. This card is so pretty and the canary is very sweet. But I love that die cut!!!! Thanks for visiting my blog Susan, it's always a treat to see your pretty smile!
Sandy

Barb Craft said...

Your card is so pretty! And I love that your canary is pink! Its darling! Thanks for taking on our paint challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

barb :)

Lydia said...

I love the soft colours of your card! The bird cages are one of my favourites too. Lovely all together. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Glenda Atkins said...

Well I just love your little pink canary and awesome card. Some pinks make beautiful cards and this one certainly is. I find pink hard to work with, but when it turns out it is worth the effort.

Inkypinkydelights said...

Hi Suzie, what a lovely card this is! I am a fond lover of Stampavie images,and this is gorgeous! Love your colours and layout! Oooo and I see you are lucky enough to be going to the NEC! Love to hear all about it! Judy x

coops said...

wow this is gorgeous susan.really pretty colours and design and the image is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous Susan! Its almost like 1 of those kids puzzle books too, where you have to study the picture and try and spot all the birds. I counted 8!
Love Pearl x

Teri said...

Looks fabulous hun, great job! Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck! xx

Janette said...

Hi Susan, This is stunning, I love the image, colours and the embelliashments are so pretty, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week, good luck.xx

Sue B said...

Wow! this is SO beautiful Susan! I love the First Edition papers, they are so beautiful. Love the stamps and embellies. So many delish details in this card - I love it !!!
Hugs Sue xx

uksharon said...

Elegant card - fab detail.
Thanks for joining us at Phindys Place this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Mandy said...

Lovely card,I love the pink canary...fabulous papers and embellishments...Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious...
Mandy x

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card! lovely pink colours and such a cute canary in his beautiful cage! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious, hugs, Marlies

Erin Reed said...

I love your project and how creative you are in your use of paint, beautiful job!!

Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs, I hope you can play again sometime!!

Erin R.

PS i am a new follower of your blog, i would love if you popped over to my blog and followed me too - http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/!!

Beatrycze said...

Beauty.

Penny said...

Thanks for playing in our card makin mamas something old challenge, your work is beautiful.