Friday 27 January 2012

Feeling Blue

Not me - my card today!! I've gone for a new colour combination well for me anyway, and I must admit I am quite fond of it!


Well what do you think?  I am continuing in my quest to try and use some of my older stamps more often.  I think we are all guilty of buying new ones and forget about older stamps which we still love.  I have new stamps that I haven't even used yet and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that!!  This stamp is a wood mounted one (never buy them anymore they use too much space but love the feel and look of them) and is part of a set I bought by Woodware part of their Francoise collection.  I bought the set after seeing it in a Craft magazine many years ago it was so prettily demonstrated I had to have it!!  I have teamed it up today with some beautiful papers from My Minds Eye called Wild Asparagus.  I have used my new grunge corner stamps in two corners but I think you can only see the top left one!  They were inked with Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy DI.  I slightly coloured the image with my Copics and added Stickles to the flowers.  The ticket sentiment is from Whimsy and the flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I have used a X Cut border die and a mixture of Spellbinders and Marianne dies for the butterflies.  I cut the image out with a Spellbinder Nestie and slightly inked the edges with Broken China DI.  The ribbon is from my stash as are the pearls.  Here is another picture:


I think I prefer taking my pictures when it is dark in the winter as the colours don't get as washed out as they do in the winter sun.  I don't have a light tent and I would be interested to know what everyone else does.  I will enter the following challenges:

Digi Doodle - Anything Goes
Moving Along with the Times - Flowers
Paper Crafting Journey - Floral
Little Darlings - Polka Dots
My Mum's Craft Shop - Flowers
Truly Scrumptious - Something Forgotten (Wooden Stamp)
Whimsy Stamps - Pearl or Bling
Creative Craft - The Colour Blue
Sassy Cheryls - Light Blue and Brown
Shopping our Stash - Winter Blues
Fashionable Stamping - Butterflies or Bugs
Stamptacular Sunday - Seeing Spots

Thanks so much for looking and please leave a comment if you can they are much appreciated!  Not long til the weekend now, take care xx

40 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

oohhhh what a pretty card love the colours and the detail yes I think we are all guilty of neglecting stamps and leaving unused some where
Jacki xx

Unknown said...

Snap I do exactly the same I have the tent as well but dont always use it the light has to be right for it as well, stunning card luv all your embellies, have a great weekend.
Chris x

May said...

Beautiful card, just love those colours,I dont have a lightbox either, I use the daylight when I can, but a tip someone gave me to buy a ottlite lamp, ( which I did ) then using white card below and behind card, put the lamp as near as poss then hey presto, I have not tired as yet as still getting good light at the moment x x The embellishments are stunning you have used today, have a great weekend, Hugs May x x

sue w. said...

Hi, love your card, the colours go together so well. I too have trouble getting clear photos think I will try what May suggested and see if I can improve.
Hugs Sue W.

julie_woolston said...

Susan this card is stunning, and I love the colour combo.

Hugs Julie x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is simply stunning, hugs pops x

Lisa Jane said...

This is really pretty .. wonderful colour combo
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for my Blooming Marvellous challenge
Lisa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love the colours you have used, they are stunning, Thanks for playing our Blooming Marvelous Challenge on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

Berry said...

This is lovely! I'm very bad at inking up old stamps! Hugs rebekah xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card
Susan
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Mrs.B said...

Hi Susan, Gorgeous card, and you're right about us not using old stamps.
I use an OttLite and a Shoe box(white inside), but there are times when I am all over the house!
Avril xx

Craftychris said...

I love it! The colours are lovely. I am rubbish at taking photos. My camera is old and doesn't work very well. I just put them on my desk on some card under my Ottlite - very unproffesional indeed! xx

Carol said...

Lovely colour combo Susan, it's a gorgeous card. Carol x

Janette said...

I think this is beautiful Susan and that Bow...wow....

I too have problems with pics at this time of year, I don't have a light tent, but I do use two large sheets of white funky foam and have light shine down on my project, it has helped alittle....I think..lol..xxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Susan, the colour combo is one of my favourites. How right you are about buying new stamps and not using them, I have (erm) one or two sets like that :-) I take my photos when the light is not at it's brightest, then I use a photo editing programme called Paint Shop Pro to 'tweak' it a little. Natural light is always best, if you can !
Thanks for joining us at the FSC hope to see you again next time.
Sue C
x

Claire said...

Really pretty card hun. I love these colours too - nice and soft. Hugs, Claire x

Sylvia x said...

What a stunning card Susan. It is soooo pretty and love all the flowers and the sparkle

Sylviax

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh Suzie this is lovely! You are so right, we should use our older stamps more often! I need to get some flower stamps that is for sure. Mum often asks me for a card, and flower ones would be ideal! You have a happy weekend too, Judy x

Glenda Atkins said...

Susan you make the most wonderful cards and this one is gorgeous, love it and yours colour choices!

Vicky said...

Oh so pretty - love it! :)x

Jo said...

Very pretty and gorgeous colour combo, too!Enjoy the weekend!
Jo x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a beautiful card with great elements. Thanks for joining us on FSC.

♥Gemma♥ said...

This is 1 stunning card hunni & the colours are yummy...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

OMG This is amazingly beautiful Susan! The flowers and the bow look gorgeous and the papers are lovely, really fantastic card
Lindsay xx

coops said...

so stunning susan.really beautiful image and your flowers and colours are gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Debbie said...

Hi Susan, absolutely gorgeous card. The image is beautiful and I love the colours.
Debbie x

Anonymous said...

A beautiful creation Susan, love the colours and gorgeous embellies!
Helen x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Susan, Gorgeous card. A lovely image and embellishments. So glad you joined us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Hope to see you again.
Avril xx

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Susan! I love the stamp and it looks so good with the sparkle! Gorgeous papers and I love the butterfly with those pearls - really stunning!! I love it all !!
Oh I wish you could see me trying to take photos in this light!! LOL I am surrounded by all sorts of lamps and torches even. And when I do get a good photo I can't work out which light was the one that worked well !!! I need to write down the settings as I take them!
Hope you have a good weekend!
Big Hugs Sue xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Another beautiful card Suzie do love soft colours TFS Shaz in Oz.x

Stampalicious said...

beautiful, I love all those flowers, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs, martina

Sassy Cheryl said...

Well, your card may be 'feeling blue',but it certainly doesn't show. And I know what you meant. :) it's simply gorgeous.
Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Blue & Brown challenge this week.

Crystal said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the layout and all the gorgeous embellishments, especially the flowers! Thanks for joining us over at SOS for our "Winter Blues" challenge :)

Fliss said...

This is really pretty, The colours are stunning and the embellishing and touch of glitter look beautiful.
Thanks for taking part in our FSC challenge and wishing you good luck.
Fliss x

Trudie said...

Really beautiful. Love the idea of digging out the older hidden stamps rather than using new fresh ones all the time. I think that is a lesson many of us crafters could use! Thank you for joining us at MMCS this week.
Trudie x

Annemaritta said...

Suzie, this is awesome!

It's really nice to have you joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. I'm looking forward seeing more of your creations.

Ann English said...

Susan, this gorgeous! Love it!
I'm so glad you joined us this week for Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

sara said...

beautiful card love the blue and brown combo thanks so much for joining us at little darlings this week
hugs sara x

Deena said...

very elegant card...love the sparkle and the flowers...thanks for joining us at shopping our stash this week!

Sandy said...

Where in the world do you ever come up with all these ideas. This is so creative!
sandy