Sunday 22 January 2012

What a plonker!

Hi there hope you are all ok, isn't the weekend going quickly?

Every time I see a chandelier I think of the scene in Only Fools and Horses when they are cleaning them and are standing under the wrong one to catch it when it drops!! I can remember laughing and laughing at that it was so simple but brilliant. After the scene when Del boy falls backwards in the pub I think that must be my favourite.  So why am I talking about Only Fools and Horses - because my card today has a chandelier on it!


Its a card I made for a friend's birthday which is today.  The chandelier is from my Tim Holtz Bigz die and I have painted some pearls with Gold Paint Dabber.  The image is by Stampavie a Penny Johnson Vintage (Chandelier) which I have distressed with some TH Antique Linen distress ink and then coloured with some gold Perfect Pearls which looks really gold in real life.  I have added gold Liquid Pearls to the image.  The flower is from Wild Orchid which has a Tattered Angel diamond spray on and has also been painted with Perfect Pearls and had some Distress Ink added also.  The beautiful papers are from My Minds Eye paper pad entitled Paris and Co. I have used coredinations card stock and my Edgeabilities for the border.  I have used a Tim Holtz die to cut Julie's name out.  The inside is decorated quite plainly:


A Nellie Snellen heart die which has been covered in Tim Holtz tissue tape and then distressed and a Spellbinders Label which has also been distressed.  I would like to enter the following challenges:

Craft Your Days Away - Distressing
My Sheri Crafts - New Things (My Tim Holtz Die and Stamp)
Sugar Creek Hollow - Go Girlie
Cropstop - Vintage, Distressed or Shabby Chic
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes
Sir Stampalot - Monochromatic

My blooming back is playing up yet again, I only seem to be getting a couple of week's relief from it now and am so fed up.  Anyway hope you are all ok and enjoying your weekends, take care xx

29 comments:

Doreen said...

Gosh I remember that clip so well, Your card is gorgeous Susan I love the stamped image,not seen this one before,a lovely design.xxx

Darlene said...

WOW What a beautiful card Susan. Love how you completed the inside too! Great job!
Thanks so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!

Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

chrissy xx said...

Just Gorgeous! LOve your colours!
Chrissyxx
Yes! Remember that one.....Soooo funny.

Vicky said...

Beautiful Susan...and I'm a huge fan of Only fools and horses too...lol...

hope your back is feeling a tad better hun...I know how you feel :o(

have a great evening...hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Susan luv the colours, thinking of ur knitting sometimes C&C have video's of the show you bought it on, or you could try you tube, without knowing which one you bought I would try and help.
Chris x

Carol said...

It's one of my favourite clips too along with the Batman and Robin one! Love your card Susan. Hope your back starts behaving soon. Carol x

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Suzie - this project turned out just beautifully. Great job - and thanks SO much for playing along in the challenge this week at Shelly's Images. I really hope you will join us again next week. Thanks for linking up!
Blessings,
Karen - DT Member

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Susan wow gorgeous card hun, lovely detail, love the use of the tissue tape, hugs Liz xx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Susan, all those gorgeous chandeliers and gold make it look really sumptuous.
The weekends really do fly by don't they, another one is nearly over - hope your's was a good one.
Pauline
x

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card, I love the delicate colours. It has made me smile thinking of the chandalier moment! I hope your back soon feels better. Take care. Chris xx

Anonymous said...

When I read your title I thought you must have made some mistake on your card, but the card looks beautiful! It took me a few minutes to get it, sorry Im a bit slow. My husband loves fools and horses. Like how you have not only the image of a chandelier but a die cut of one behind.
Love Pearl x

Chrissy said...

A plonker...now thats new to me..must remember that...gorgeous card Susan, so elegant. love the chandelier...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue B said...

Aww this is gorgeous Susan! I love the Chandelier image and the cream and gold theme is delish!! Beautiful papers and die cuts! The flower is perfect and so lush! I love it!
Ah I love that scene with the Chandelier too. There were so many classic moments!
My back pain has been awful this weekend too, maybe it is the weather!! Hope yours feels better soon!
Big Hugs Sue xx

ShelbyWoo said...

This card is quite elegant and love all your details!! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts

Berry said...

Ha ha Suzie I love that episode of Only fools and horses! This is really pretty such a soft vintage look sweetie hugs rebekah xx

coops said...

so stunning susan.i really love your delicate colours and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Janette said...

Oh it's gorgeous Susan, I love those scenes to, along with half the nation I expect...lol...also the one at the auction...sooo funny...xxx

Patti P. said...

Love the use of the chandelier die and stamp, just a beautiful statement on your card and loving the muted colors, I am sure your friend will love this. Hope you are feeling better soon, back trouble is not fun at all.
Thanks for sharing at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Sandy Palmer said...

I just love that stamp with the script behind it! Such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

pinky said...

That was my favourite episode Susan lol. Love your gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Susan, just gorgeous!
Helen x

brenda said...

Exactly the same here Susan re Fools and Horses.

A really lovely card.

Thank you so much for joining in our Monochromatic theme at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

B x

CropStop said...

Really like the repeat of the chandelier images! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

Vicki said...

Love the vintage card with the chandelier theme! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

Rosie said...

Oooh I love that die....wasn't sure how to use it, but I love what you did with it here. Thank you for joining in our CropStop Challenge. Hugs, Rosie

The Wired Angel said...

This is a stunning card, Suzie. So very creative and it's perfect for our challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow this week. We've got a new challenge coming up on Saturday and I hope you will join us again. Peggy x

Ruth said...

Such a lovely monochromatic card. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)

Francesca said...

fantastic card for our monochromatic challenge, thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!

hugs
Francesca

Amanda said...

Lovely card - so elegant.
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Amanda