Thursday 5 January 2012

Frustrated!!!###***

That was me this morning after having a running battle with my printer.  For some reason the little darling decided that it was no longer wireless and wasn't going to play!  After trouble shooting to no avail the only solution my pc could offer was to re do the driver or something like that.  Well I can tell you computers and me don't really get on too well we have a kind of understanding that we tolerate each other and that's about as far as it goes.  I am positive I didn't get a CD when I got the printer I have a feeling it just did itself if that sounds right.  Anyway I keep all my CDs in a little file box besides my computer and there wasn't one there so I am presuming it didn't come with one.  I have had to connect the printer up with the lead to get it to work but I want to know why has it suddenly decided it is no longer wireless - is it just in that kind of mood?????????????????  That wasted most of my morning and I was so cross because I had stamped two images and I was determined to try and do two cards today which is almost a record for me.  Anyway I have managed it so I am sticking my tongue out now at the printer!!

The weather here was still wild this morning with the rain lashing down and the wind howling so I remembered a Tilda stamp which I thought would be appropriate for this weather.  The funny thing is that now I have finished messing with my printer and made the cards it is actually a beautiful day.  The sun is shining and the wind has gone - lol!  Anyway I'm sure it will all return so here is my card:


I downloaded some new Nitwits this morning so that was why I was messing with my printer, these are some of the ones I downloaded.  I have coloured Tilda with Copics. The ribbon is one of my new ones I got at Christmas and the charm is from my stash.  I would like to enter the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday - What's New (my ribbon and paper)
Sassy Studio - Use Something New (my ribbon and paper)
Shelly's Images - Out with the Old in With the New (use something less than 1 month old - ribbon and paper)
Digi stamps 4 Joy - Something Old (stamp) Something New (ribbon)
Fab'nFunky - Something New Received as Present (ribbon)
Freshly Brewed - Something New
My Mum's Craft Shop - Something New
Simon Says Stamp - Something New
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Use your new stash (ribbon and Paper)

Well I hope you all have a great day and I will be around later to catch up, take care xx

32 comments:

Darlene said...

Sorry you're having printer problems ... when my 'wireless' does that, I sometimes have to take it up closer to the router for it to 'see' the signal again and then all is well.
Your card is ADORABLE and your coloring/design are fabulous! Even after all the frustration, you managed to create a fabulous card! You Go Girl!
Thanks so much for joining our "Out with the Old, In with the New" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!

Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Janette said...

Hi Suzie, Happy New Year....lol...
Don't get me started on printers....mine has been an absolute nightmare just lately and I am not amused....lol...hope yours is now OK...
I so love your card, it was worth the effort the paper is so cute.xxx

Doreen said...

I think printers have a mind of their own,I hope yours is OK now.
Your card is gorgeous love the image and those fabulous papers.xxx

cotnob said...

I think printers must be a common problem, I fight with mine on a regular basis. You most definately won your battle - those papers are gorgeous and that image is just right for today.
Pauline
x

chrissy xx said...

Oh! You naughty girl sticking your tongue out that won't help lol.....or will it???
Fabulous card Susan! LOve this Tilda and great colours too.
Chrissyxx

Chrissy said...

Oh! dear...what a morning for you...I throw mine out the window and get a new one...its cheaper than buying the ink..lol..gorgeous card Susan.. love this image..and fab papers...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dawny P said...

Hi chick. Love love LOVE this card - the colours are fab and the detail is brilliant :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, hugs, Dawny :)x

julie_woolston said...

HI Suzie your card is brilliant, printers have minds of their own I think, and your not on your own me and computers don't go either.

Hugs Julie x

Lisa Foster said...

Love your sweet card! I have that happen sometimes to my printer..for whatever reason, the WiFi doesn't work. Usually rebooting my comp fixes it..try that maybe? Best of luck..if that doesn't work..I'm sure sticking your tongue out was THE BEST:)
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Fab image, very appropriate at the mo! It's still quite windy here, great colours too and hope your printer behaves soon!
Helen x

Sue B said...

Aww your card is gorgeous Susan! I love the Tilda image and your papers are beautiful !! really sweet card! oh just seen the little brolly charm - So cute!
I have that trouble with my printer usually after an update! So I try to remember not to let it update!!! LOL it drives me mad - I have got so used to it being wireless now so if it plays up it really annoys me. Sometimes I get the oddest messages - saying it won't print because 'the pipe is broken'???? ROFL haven't a clue what it is on about!!
Thank goodness the wind has died down again tonight - hopefully we can get some sleep!! ;-)
Take care
Hugs Sue xx

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Susan and love your papers. Isn't technology wonderful!! Carol x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is just STUNNING wow hugs pops x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Sorry about your printer issues, that's so frustrating. Gorgeous card, though! Thank you for joining our Dare to be Sassy Thursday challenge at Sassy Studio Designs! :)

Hope and Chances said...

Such an appropriate card for the weather at the moment. My wireless printer objected to being 'wireless' too so I went out and bought a really cheap one and it is brilliant! Who would have thought it! :)

Craftychris said...

The card is so sweet! Perfect for yesterday's weather. Technology is such a pain - it drives me mad too!!! I'm glad your day ended up sunny and bright xx

Macpurp said...

my laptop hates my printer! we have an old PC upstairs that DH keeps wanting to get rid of, but it is the only one that speaks to my printer!

This is a cracking card. I adore how the edges of the image pop out over the edges of the square.

love teen x

Jill said...

beautiful card Susan thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

coops said...

gorgeous card susan.wonderful colours and design and i love the sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

Hazel said...

HI Susan

Bloomin printers - I know what you mean - all the best laid plans and all ...

Anyway onto you card - wonderful (love those Nit Wit papers) and the little Tilda is just perfect although we haven't had much wind today (fingers crossed).

Take care

Hazel x

sallysbitz2 said...

What a perfect card to go with the weather.
Glad you was able to use your printer, lovely papers. Shall have to treat myself to some ... more, Lol. Out of interest, what weight of paper do you print on, is it normal printer paper?

I work in a nursery & we have some new children starting next week. We have to do a home visit first. When me & my work colleague had finished, we walked out of the tower block & was forced off the ground by the strong winds, we screamed & held onto each other for dear life Lol We was like a couple of old todgers Lol

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Wishcraft said...

Fab card :o) Love the image and gorgeous gingham bow! Hope you get the printer issues sorted - I'm hopeless with all things technical, I'm just very lucky that hubby is better with these things than I am! Lisa x

Jo said...

Ahhhhh printers........they drive me mad.....lovely son sees to all that side of things for me! Gorgeous card, Susan, fab image and lovely papers.
Jo x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Susan, sweet image and love your gorgeous gingham bow...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Alexis said...

Aww, she's adorable. Great image and Great card!! Thanks for joining us this week at Fab 'n Funky. We hope to see you again on Wednesday for antoher fun challenge. Good Luck.

Hugs
xxx
Alexis
Fab 'n Funky DT Member

happyscrapper said...

Beautiful card. Tilda is colored beautifully. I love those colors. Thanks for joining us this week at SSD. Good luck and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine DT at SSD

Ellis said...

Lovely card you've made! =)
Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4joy!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Jen Leeflang said...

Thanks for joining us at our Digistamps 4 Joy Something old, Something new - Anything Goes" challenge.
luv'n'huggz
Jen Leeflang
DS4J DT Lead

Jen Leeflang said...

This is simply precious - such a lovely creation!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Shelly's Images - I can't wait to see what you create for our next challenge!
luv'n'huggz
Jen Leeflang
Shelly's Images DT

sammi said...

Adorable card! Love the gingham ribbon! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Shelly's Images. ~~Sammibug,~~ Shelly’s Images DT

Stacy said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining our month long prize challenge at
FRESHLY BREWED CHALLENGES!

Hugs and Smiles,

Stacy

Gale said...

Cute. your card fits our weather to a T also! Love it.
Thanks for joining Fresh Brewed Designs for our month long challenge to 'Use something new'.
:) Gale