Tuesday 17 January 2012

I'm in love with Tilda

Good afternoon everyone hope you're enjoying this lovely sunny day!

My title of my blog today refers to my love of Tildas and the fact that I have done a Valentine Tilda.  I can't leave my Tildas alone at the mo and just love them, especially the new collection - yummy!


Isn't she a sweetie?  Everything is a bit pinker IRL but you just can't get the colours captured correctly with the winter sun!  I've even done two pictures today:


Just to show the inside which is decorated to match with a balloon stamp from Magnolia to match the main image.  I have coloured her with a combination of Copics and Promarkers and paper pieced the balloons.  The gorgeous papers are from a pad I got at Christmas from my DH (which I have to admit I chose) which is by Echo Park called yours Truly - scrummy!  I have paper distressed the edge of the background paper and also distressed it with some white acrylic paint. I have distressed the doily and the edge of the image with DI - spun sugar.  The Corner bracket I covered with Versamark and white Embossing Powder which was heat set. I have used Spellbinders Nesties for the image and their Edgeabilities for the heart border, the border on the inside is a Martha Stewart one.  The button is from John Lewis and the bakers twine, pearls, ribbon and doily are from my stash.  I would like to enter the following challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers - No floral embellishment
Karen's Doodles - Paper Piecing
My Grafico - Love and Valentines
Paper Creations Ink - Love/Romance
The Pink Elephant - Favourite Colour (Pink)
Pollycraft - Bingo -Ribbon, button and die cuts
Crazy Challenge - Tic Tac Toe - Ribbon, Embossing and Die cuts
The Shabby Tea Room - Photo Insp.(Pink, Grey, Peach, Lace can be paper, Metal)
City Crafter - Pretty Inside and Out
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Bows
Shopping Our Stash - Across the Border
Well thanks so much for looking and any comments that you may leave, take care xx

36 comments:

Craftychris said...

Another fabulous card - the detail on your creations never ceases to amaze me! xx

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous card, pink and grey always look so pretty together and your Tilda is adorable, Jo x

Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous Susan, love the papers. Carol x

mags said...

Gorgeous card. Great adorable image and love the papers and embellishments.
Mags
x

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Susan I love the colour you chose.

Hugs Julie x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Susan.xxx

Janette said...

This really is so gorgeous Susan, so pretty.xx

Unknown said...

this is stunning Susan luv the choice of colour and of course Tilda the inside is beautiful too.
Chris x

Wishcraft said...

So pretty! Love the image, she's so sweet, and all your details are gorgeous too :o) Lisa x

Mynn xx said...

Oh, wow! This is so pretty--LOVE the feminine touches and colors you've used! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

Inkypinkydelights said...

Hi Suzi, This is absolutely gorgeous! You know how I love Tilda and I adore that ribbon! Thank you so much for sharing it at Paper Creations Ink and good luck with the Challenge! Judy GDT x

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love the soft colours. Hugs, Claire x

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so beautiful Susan, the colours are gorgeous!
Helen x

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card and it appears your inside is too! Love all the embellishments and the the bow is perfect!

Scrapcat 1 said...

such a pretty card and I love how you decorated the inside too.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and we hope to see you again soon.

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, I love this creation so gorgeous hugs pops x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Susan, I love the pretty pink and the way you have decorated the inside of the card.
Pauline
x

coops said...

beautiful card susan.i love your gorgeous colours and the tilda is so sweet :D

xx coops xx

June Houck said...

Suzie, your Tilda valentine is lovely! I have just cut into my Yours Truly papers this past weekend too. Your paper pieced balloons are perfect with your expert coloring. The inside of the card is well-designed too! What treasure this card is for the lucky recipient :)

franzesjoi said...

pretty!!! :)

Ros said...

This is so beautiful ... I love your Tilda ... many thanks for playing at CCCB

Karen Hasheck said...

Lovely card for our Love and Romance challenge! Love the images you chose! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink. Come back again!

Lionelsa said...

It's so cute with lovely color combination.
Love how it looks inside.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is a stunningly beautiful card, love the grey and pink colour combo and this Tilda is such a cutey
Lindsay xx

sammi said...

Wow, beautiful! Love the use of the doily and the corner embellishment! Thanks for playing in our Love And Romance challenge at Paper Creations Ink. ~~Sammibug,~~ Guest Designer for Paper Creations Ink.

J said...

What a lovely girly card - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty cardmakers.

Jackie

Sue B said...

Oh this is beautiful Susan!! I LOVE the pink and grey! Tilda is gorgeous and love the paper pieced balloons (I was trying something similar on an image last night!!!) Gorgeous papers and embellies - love the doily and the delish ribbon/bow! It's a real stunner!!!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Lisa Jane said...

This is so pretty - love the paper pieced balloons
Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight for our Bows challenge
Lisa x

Pami said...

Oh this is such a beautiful card, I love everything about it! Thanks so much for joining in with our "Bows" challenge at LCI this week, good luck! Pami x

Unknown said...

This is just as sweet and cute as can be!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Feebsy said...

Such a pretty card, I really love the colour combo you've used and you've coloured Tilda so fabulously.

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Sheri said...

Such a sweet image and GORGEOUS bow! Thanks for joining us at THE TEA ROOM this week ;-)

cnelson said...

So sweet and lovely! ! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Becky said...

Stunning card, so glad I found your blog.
Hugs,
Becky x

Alica said...

so sweet! Love how you decorated the inside too!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

sue w. said...

Hi Susan, this is so lovely and the colours go together so well. I just love Tilda too.
Hugs Sue W.