Friday 7 December 2012

Torvill and Dean .....Junior!

Hello and a big happy Friday to you all, I hope you all have something nice planned for the weekend.  I posted my presents to the U.S. yesterday and I cannot believe how much postage was. For one parcel which contained two pairs of lightweight children's pyjamas, one pair of ladies pyjamas - short sleeve and thin T Shirt material - and some men's socks ...... £25!!!!! I usually get them something on U.S. Amazon and get it delivered but thought I would buy some presents here this year, well I won't be doing that again. Thank heavens I didn't put some sweets in too!!! Oh that's my rant over now I feel much better.  I have done a card today which I think has a fifties feel to it:


I wonder if that's how Torvill and Dean looked when they were first starting out??  The rubber stamp is an October Afternoon one and I have coloured it with Copics adding some True Snow and glitter to the snow.  It has been cut and matted with SB Nesties.  The papers are all October Afternoon - love their papers!  I have used an MFT Notebook Edge die for the border.  The sentiment is Pink Petticoat and I have used a Woodware Punch to punch the tag shape out.  The ribbon is Martha Stewart which I got in Florida from Michaels and the charm and pearls are from my stash. I have followed this week's sketch over at Sketch Saturday - I have moved the sentiment hope that is ok!!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday - Sketch
Lady Anne's Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Winter Scene
Divas by Design - Let it Snow
Fab 'n Funky - Not a Traditional Christmas
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
The Ribbon Carousel - The Holidays

Well that's all from me for today.  Off to the gym nice and early this morning because the printer I won from Donna is being delivered this morning then I am taking my aunt out into town this afternoon for some retail therapy! Have a great weekend whatever you are doing, see you soon and take care xx

26 comments:

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Susan I love the fifties feel to it and the image,design and colours are all gorgeous...Hope you have a lovely day today with your Aunt and have a lovely weekend as well...
Mandy x

Caroline said...

Hi Susan this is so beautiful I love the colours and design and the images are so cute. Have a good weekend. Caroline xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Susan. That image is just delightful and I love the papers and ribbon

hugs Sue

Suzie's Card Den said...

Hi Susan
Great 50s inspired card, love the colours and image. Have a great day and even better weekend
Hugs
Suzie xx

scrappymo! said...

This has such a lovely vintage feel. Great job!

Craftychris said...

I really love this card! The main image is gorgeous and your colouring is fab. The silhouette is really cool too. Enjoy your printer, what a brilliant win! Have a lovely afternoon with your aunt and a fab weekend too. I have a quiet weekend planned including lots of craft! xx

Craftychris said...

I forgot to say how shocked I was by those postal charges! Using the US Amazon sounds like a good plan to me! xx

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card....love the image and colouring.xxx

Berry said...

This is fab Susan what a cute card thanks for playing at divas! I also think the cost of postage is ridiculous which is hard at this time of year!! Hugs Rebekah xx

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous colours and image Susan, a really sweet card. Carolxx

Sonia said...

Sooooo cute card dearest Susan^_^
I love the papers used and the sweet image^_^
Some happiness everytime on your card^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Anonymous said...

I love the way you've layout this crad Susan, it's lovely.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mimi

cotnob said...

Such a sweet card Susan, I love your papers, the blues with just a splash or red look so pretty.
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

£25!!! I'd be ranting too, that's extortion!
Your card is gorgeous card and you're right it does have a 50's feel. I love the image and beautiful colour.
Lorraine x

chrissy xx said...

JUst GORgeous! FABulous colours. LOve both your images Susan..
Chrissyxx
Don't know if it has the fifties feel..lol..can't remember that far back he! he!{only joking...that's before you say anything!}

Sue B said...

Aww what a sweet card Susan… I love the cute image and your colouring is fab! the papers and embellies are gorgeous and the whole card definitely has a wonderful fifties feel to it… I love it!
Ooh that IS so expensive for postage Susan!! the postage prices have now got ridiculous… I was buying envelopes from Post Office to fit my cards in for posting… and they were blooming £2.30 each!!! so I had a look on good old Amazon and managed to get 100 envelopes for £10!! they are perfect size too so I'm well chuffed! :-)) think how much I've saved!! LOL
Hope you're having a good day!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Eileen said...

I love the retro feel of this one Susan. Super cute image and love the papers and design you have used. Fabulous ribbon
Eileen x

Viv said...

I posted two hand made cards to the US yesterday - cost me almost £6!!! I'd just put them both in a 7" suqare box which was about 2" deep - no weight in them at all.... Didn't realise Dick Turpin was still alive and well and in disguise as the Royal Mail...
Enough moaning from me... this is a great winter scene and a fab card!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Such a delightful vintage card! Lovely images and super pretty papers. It's great to see you playing along with us at Sketch Saturday. Thanks for joining in. Hugs, Lesley

May said...

Beautiful vintage card Susan... Love that image so sweet.. Great colours... I agree with the postage shocking price... I got caught last year sending gifts to Canada... £38.00 I paid... So this year I have shopped at AmAzon CA... Have a good weekend... Hugs May x x x

pinky said...

Ah that's just adorable Susan!

coops said...

so stunning susan.i love your gorgeous retro design and adorable image :D

xx coops xx

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Susan, lovely images.
Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs Wendy xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the old time image and the silhouette picture in the background and the beautiful snowflake paper!
hugs
Glenda

Pat said...

Beautiful card, love the image and the papers. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Sandy said...

This is wonderful- I was born in the forties so you can imagine how much I love this sweet ice skating pair. Wonderful card Sweet and Pretty Susan!!! Sugar, I understand the postage fees and for you guys across the pond, I think it is even more expensive. Happy Holiday Kid!!
Sandy