Monday 3 December 2012

Hello Deer!

Good morning to you all, hope you are fine this Monday morning and ready for the week ahead. I can't believe that I won the Epson printer that Donna from Bearly Mine Crafts was giving away as candy, I almost choked on my coffee when I saw I had won it - a massive thank you to Donna!!

We had a nice weekend and it just seems to fly by.  Just three full weeks left before Christmas week how are you all doing with your preparations? I have got most of my presents - just a couple left - so this week I will be wrapping and posting the ones of to the States that I need to. I am trying to make a few really lightweight cards for posting, I will give out by hand the heavier more embellished ones!

Here is a card I have made for today using the sketch from Papertake Weekly:



Those cute little deer are by October Afternoon, I stamped them and then masked them and added the trees which are a Hero Arts stamp.  The images have been coloured with Copics and chalk for the background. I have added some Stickles to the bells on the deer and the stars on the tree just not sure if you can see it in this picture.  The papers are by October Afternoon from the Make it Merry pad.  I have cut and matted the image with SB dies.  The deer is a Tim Holtz die and it has been covered with some Pink Petticoat Jingle Bells Script paper in Crimson and edged with Distress Ink in Fired Brick.  The foilage is a Marianne die, the ribbon from stash and the brad is October Afternoon.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly - Sketch, this week's sketch Number 74
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Crafty Ann's - Birds and/or Animals
Emergency Crafters - Anything Goes
Pixie Dust Studios - Winter Creations

That's all for me for today.  Thank you so much for looking, please leave a comment so I know you have been!  Take care xx

35 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh its lovely - I love the foliage die cut. Congratulations on your win! very exciting!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Susan
A beautiful card love the reindeer's and wow big congratulations on winning the printer from Donna
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Suzie's Card Den said...

Gorgeous card Susan. Love that deer
Wow you are one lucky lady, well done
Hugs
Suzie xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Susan - love the scene you have created with the trees and deers.
Huge congrats on your fabulous win :o)
Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

Caroline said...

Congratulations on the printer win Susan. I love this card the colours and layout are gorgeous and I love the reindeer. Caroline xxx

Chrissy said...

Congrats on the printer win Susan, how fantastic was that...and such a gorgeous card we have here, love the scene you have created,just gorgeous..beautiful bow too.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Susan :-) I love the images and stamping on this and spent ages admiring it :-) the papers and die cuts are fab, as is the lucsious bow :-) Beautiful ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the PTW and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Doreen said...

Gorgoeus card,love the image,papers and colour.xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie this is just stunning I love your colour choices too, gorgeous work, huggles Pops x x x

Unknown said...

Well done on ur win nice unexpected xmas present, beautiful card Susan luv the reindeers and the papers are gorgeous.
Chris x

Anonymous said...

susan!susan!susan!susan! you've won that printer! wow!
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Mimi

Sue said...

Congrats on your win Susan!

Your card is wonderful. I love the image, your colouring is fabulous and the die cut deer is gorgeous too.

Hugs Sue

Eileen said...

Well who's a lucky girl then? Congrats on your win hope you enjoy using it.
Love today's card, such sweet little deer and great masking. Fab dp and beautiful diecuts. Love it
Eileen x

chrissy xx said...

JUst GORgeous! What a FABulous image and I LOve the extra little fellow Susan...LOve your colours too.
Chrissyxx
Saw 'Reg' at Halifax a few years ago lol..Happy Memories x

Lin said...

Love your patchwork background - thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Unknown said...

Oh I could hug your sweet Bambi's Susan! Those adorable deer! Lovely card with fab papers! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Patricia said...

Susan, this is so beautiful, what a fabulous image and that Tim Holtz Deer is magnificent.

Patricia xx

Sue B said...

Aww this is beautiful Susan! I love the sweet reindeer and the papers are gorgeous! and the lush bow finishes it off beautifully! :-)
Hope you have a good week!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Susan. I love the reindeer and fab papers and bow.
Congratulations on your win too.
Lorraine x

pinky said...

Absolutely stunning card Susan. I love the print deer!

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love how you have created the little scene. Fab papers and layout xx

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Susan, love all the reindeer. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Ann's too. Carol x

coops said...

so stunning susan.i love your winte scene and the reindeer are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Sonia said...

CONGRATS on Your win dearest Susan:)
Your new card is adorable:)
Sweet reindeers image and diecut:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Sandy said...

Let me tell you how much I love this beautifully designed card and the little reindeer are so very cute. I love this mix of paper and the embellishments. The deer in the right hand corner is a grand touch Susan!
Sandy

Glenda Atkins said...

Congrats on wining the printer, isn't that just so exciting, lucky you:O) Your card is gorgeous, love the two little reindeer and the large die cut one! Your bow is fantastic.
hugs
Glenda

Sharon Caudle said...

Fabulous take on the sketch!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

julie_woolston said...

This is gorgeous Susan and congrats on your win, we'll done .

Hugs Julie x

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely gorgeous Susan, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Craftychris said...

ooh this card is gorgeous! I adore it. the design is fabulous and I love the deer die cut too xx

Annette said...

What a lovely card, used the deer also! LOL!! Adoration all over!
xoxo Annette

Jen said...

gorgeous card. I do like your choice of backing papers and your cut out deer especially. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
Jen x

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card Susan, such a gorgeous little scene you have stamped and I love your die cut deer.
Pauline
x

~Tammy~ said...

I love your patterned paper and the three panels set off the image beautifully.! That focal image is gorgeous! Wow!

MyCraftWorld said...

Hi Susan,
Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters.
~Lucy x