Monday 10 December 2012

Its Snow Time!

A big hello to you all and welcome to my little blog! Today sees the start of a brand new challenge at Lexi's Creations and it is the last one for 2012.  The theme for this challenge is "Snow" and here is what I have done:


A snow globe!! You can get this cute little image at Fairy Dust Crafts.  I have coloured it with Copics and chalks. I added Liquid Pearls for the snow flakes and some Glamour Dust to the snow on the ground.  I cut around the image and then put it onto a mat of white pearl card which had been cut with a Grand Nestie, embossed and then sprayed with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle. The papers are Nitwits from the Great White North Too collection. The snowflake has been made from felt using a Spellbinders die and then I sprayed that with Spray and Sparkle too.  I have used my Memory Box snow border on glitter card and then my sentiment has been cut with a Lil' Inker die and sprayed with Spray and Sparkle too! I bought the Spray and Sparkle last year and forgot about it but we are having a bit of a revamp in my craft room and I have just re-discovered it so everything has been given the Spray and Sparkle treatment (look out Dave lol)!

Our sponsor for this challenge is:


and they will be giving the lucky winner a £10 gift certificate.  Please pop over to Lexi's Creations to see what the talented DT have designed for some more inspiration.

That's all from me for today, I am scheduling this because I am off early to the gym and then finishing my Christmas shopping off (hopefully).  See you all tomorrow, thanks for looking and take care xx

24 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Susan. This is so pretty and very delicate. I love your design, fabulous.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Caroline said...

Beautiful card Susan the santa is so cute and I love the layout and colours. Caroline xxx

julie_woolston said...

Oh Susan this is beautiful, love the embossing and papers, love the image.

Hugs Julie x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Hello Susan

Great card.. Love the colours and cute image

Hugs Kelly

Sue said...

This is wonderful Susan. I love the image the gorgeous sparkle and pretty shades of blue.

Hugs Sue

chrissy xx said...

Super cute image...
LOving your papers Susan..
It's JUst GOrgeous.
Chrissyxx
Hoe you get your shopping done lol..better today that at weekend!

Anonymous said...

beautifully done card Suzie! please come and vsit some time, i've got a blogiversary candy if you'd like to enter!
xxxxxxxxxxx
Mimi

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Unknown said...

So sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days Susan, but what a treat it is to see what you've been creating! One after the other fab card! So many lovely different creations, really lovely!! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Debs said...

Super sparkly card Susan - love the LO and fab embossing.
Have a wonderful evening.
Debs xx

Pat K said...

Very pretty card Susan. Love the blue and white with the adorable snow globe. hugs, pat k. x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Susan. I love the cute little santa and the fab layout and colours.
Lorraine x

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Susan, love the pop of colour on the monochrome background. Carol x

Patricia said...

Now! just how cute is he!!!
Great Layout, love it.

Patricia xx

Sue B said...

Aww this is gorgeous Susan! what an adorable image and I love the snow… the embossed circle looks fab and the embellishments are just perfect!
Hope you have a good week!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Planetsusie said...

This is lovely Susan - the blue papers make it look really cold and frosty around the snow globe!

I love this image as well. Gorgeous creation.

Hugs Sue Pxxx

Eileen said...

Love your snow globe effect here Susan. Really cute image and great use of papers and embellies
Eileen x

Sonia said...

Absolutely adorable card Susan:
Hugs,
Sonia

coops said...

so gorgeous suzie.i love your icy colours and fab image :D


xx coops xx

Jo said...

Gorgeous.....love those icy blues! Hope you're well Susan!
Hugs Jo x

Sandy said...

Wonderful - dreams of Christmas and I love the texture. Happy Holidays from across the pond.
Sandy

Craftychris said...

ooh this image is so sweet! I love the design - the embossed circle looks fab and the liquid pearl makes fab snow xx

~Tammy~ said...

That snow globe is so cute and I love the snowflake embossed background behind it! The liquid pearls are the perfect touch. Can you please fly across the pond and finish my shopping??? Or how neat to find some fabulous finds on your end...Tee Hee! :-) I don't know what's the matter with me this year. We even have doctor's appts scheduled this Saturday. It's crazy. Hugs!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful, I love the Memory Box die cut and the soft blue colours, fabulous card!
Glenda