Wednesday 12 December 2012

Just Chillin' - not!!!

Hello everyone from a very cold and frosty Blackpool - it looks a bit of a winter wonderland today with frost everywhere!  Sorry if I did not manage to get around to everyone yesterday but I just ran out of time with Christmas shopping, housework and then Bridge class last night.  Melissa had started with some contractions yesterday but they seem to have disappeared now so no news yet!! I can see them having to call the baby Noel lol.

Well the sentiment on my card says Just Chillin' but I doubt if any of us are able to do this yet unless you are super duper organised.




The stamp is from Unity, I signed up for their Stamp on the Week and I do enjoy getting a new stamp through the post every week although I have been so busy I have only used a few but I am looking forward to getting to use them after Christmas.  I have coloured it with Copics and cut and matted with Spellbinders Nesties.  The blue mat behind the image is actually the backing card that an embossing folder came in which I then embossed and recycled as my mat.  I have embossed some white card with a snowflakes embossing folder and used Grand Nesties to cut it out.  The paper is October Afternoon from the Holiday Style pad.  The sentiment came with the stamp and I covered it in glitter probably a bit too much as it looks a bit blurred!

My husband has been updating my craft room for me.  It is in the loft he converted it  about 5 years ago so the walls are sloping which makes it a bit difficult for shelving etc.  I was in a real mess if I put something down I couldn't find it and it got to the point where I was crafting on my chair.  So he has done some more storage for me and put little shelves running along the back of the worktops.  When I get back from my hols I am going to order another unit from Storage 4 Crafts so I will have so much space! Its all my own fault I buy far too much stuff - I know we all do don't we?

Well we are off to the gym in a moment and then off to see Max in his Christmas play this afternoon, I love these its always a pleasure to see all the little ones on the stage!

Thanks for looking and I will catch up with you all today - promise!! Take care xx

29 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Susan the snowmen are adorable and I love the layout. Enjoy the Christmas play. Caroline xxx

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

Sue said...

Awwww I love that cute family of snowmen and the colours and layout are fabulous.
I hope you have fun watching Max in the Christmas play. I really miss all that now my children are older and I think it may be a little while before I have any Grandchildren!!

Hugs Sue

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Susan, love the snowmen their so cute.

Hopefully Melissa won't go to much longer, exciting times for you.

Hugs Julie x

Lorraine said...

I'm not 'chillin...I'm definitely in full panic mode!!
Gorgeous card Susan and I love those cute snowmen.
Enjoy the Christmas play this afternoon. I'm going to see Emma in hers....no doubt I'll cry!!
Lorraine x

Pop's Cards said...

I love this sweetie absolutely perfect hugs Pops x

Unknown said...

CAS and fantastic.
Chris x

Viv said...

Cool card Susan.. and just down the coast from you is no warmer either!!

Anonymous said...

i love these snowmen, they still look cute without noses and a mouth!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mimi

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Susan… I love the cute image and the fab embossed circle… and the paper is perfect! :-)
Brrr.. it's cold and frosty here in Manchester - hope you are keeping warm!
Hope you have a lovely day!
Big hugs
Sue xx

~Tammy~ said...

Now that is an awesome husband!!!! Crafting on your chair, I can relate to that. I am not sure I can find free space in my place since I have been crafting on the fly!

Baby Noel it just might be! :-)

Your card is adorable! I love unity and I don't think I have seen this image! It's just darling!

chrissy xx said...

JUst GOrgeous Susan...What a cutie this image is I could do with one of those scarf's this weather {not the hat though will spoil my hair} he! he! LOve the sentiment too looks FABulous with the glitter on..
Chrissyxx
Our Granddaughter as gone back to school this morning so we are off to the Christmas play this afternoon...tissue ready!!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card, those snowmen are so sweet! Your craft room will be very cool and I hope Max's play goes well - you will be very proud! xx

sue w. said...

Hi Susan, fabulous snowman card, love the embossing and the paper.
Hope you enjoy the play.
Soo freezing here too and darned foggy.
Hugs Sue W.

Chrissy said...

Too cute Susan..gorgeous card.I just watch my G/son in his play, he did so well as a shepard.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

oh, what a sweet image this is! Lovely card Susan, so beautifully coloured! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

coops said...

so gorgeous susan.fab design and i love the sweet snowmen :D

xx coops xx

Annie said...

This is gorgeous, I love the stripy paper and the sweet images! Hugs Ann xxx

pinky said...

Your life sounds very exciting at the minute Susan, hope you enjoy it all. I love those cute little snowmen, perfect card.

nnalorac said...

They are so cute Susan and love the backing DP, really cute card. I am so disorganised once again, must really start early next year, like 1st January lol!

Carol said...

Love this Susan, the image is gorgeous. We have a winter wonderland here too. Carol x

scrappymo! said...

Hi Susan
Sounds like you have been right there...
In case you decide to go there...Scrappin Time is the largest Scrapbook Store. It is at 5915 S Eastern at the Walmart shopping center. Go south on the strip (Las Vegas Blvd) till you come to E Tropicana, take a left then eventually a right on W Eastern. Go down to the corner of Eastern and Oquendo and you are there.
There is also a bus that goes there. You catch it on the strip and have to transfer on Las Vegas Blvd and cross the street kitty korner to catch the second bus on either E Tropicana or they might make you go as far as E Russell and transfer there I can't remember.
The concierge can help...I just called the bus transit place. 702-228-7433 It is a lovely store and well worth the trip.
I used to go to Vegas twice a year
as my husband had a convention or sometimes a Pension administration course. Then we would usually go on our own for a 5 day getaway from our winters!
If you want any other shopping info I'm at
scrappymo1@gmail.com
(that is a numeric 1 after my name)

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Susan, love those cute snowmen.
Wendy xx

May said...

Gorgeous image Susan... Love that company !! Beautiful embossing & papers.. Your new storage & shelves sound fab... us crafters never have enough space do we!!! Hugs May x x x

cotnob said...

This is lovely Susan, such a sweet image.
I hope you enjoyed the play, it really is lovely to see the little ones perform - I always used to cry when I went to see my boys on stage!
Pauline
x

xxxtglxxx said...

this really made me smile! :) Love the stripey paper and such cute snowmen! :) I agree about the sentiment, although its been so cold here we dont have a choice! - lol :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh I miss the Christmas plays we used to go to when our son was young. Children have such fun at them and are so adorable to watch. My son kept stopping and waving at us at his first one. He was just so proud to be up there on the stage. Everyone thought it was a hoot. ah memories...
Love your card and the snow family without noses, terribly cute...
hugs
Glenda

Unknown said...

Lovely card Susan such sweet snowmen too.
Wow how fabulous a new baby for Christmas , you are going to be a busy Nana. Glad you got some new shelving , you can craft in style now.
Have a wonderful Christmas Susan , Biggest Hugs Elaine

Sandy said...

Can't think of anything better than a grandbaby named Noel! Hey sweet lady, I play bridge too!! Your snow family card is adorable. Sure wish we were having frosty weather here - way too mild and sunny. It really does not feel much like Christmas.
Happy Holidays!
Sandy