Thursday 1 December 2011

Eeek there's a mouse in the house!!!

I just love little House Mouse stamps they are so cute and cuddly.  I have three cats and the middle one, Harry Potter, is always bringing mice in.  More often than not they are alive and he just has them by the tail which then results in a mad dash with DH and me chasing him around the house - I'm sure he thinks its some kind of game.  He usually drops them in the hall and they make a mad dash for the little table we have there and DH manages to get them and take them out.  I often get up in the morning and two of the cats - Harry P and Louie- are just sat by the table staring intently at it which is a sign that there is a little mouse hiding there waiting to be rescued!!  So today I have a card made with an adorable little House Mouse stamp from Joanna Sheen (actually I bought it with my gift voucher I one - thank you!):


I have followed the sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy and used papers from the pad I bought when I was on holiday from Michaels, its their own make, and I must admit it is gorgeous!!  I have coloured it with Copics and Prisma pencils.  The sentiment is a stamp from Cuddly Buddy and I have added some petals from Papermania and Baker's Twine with just a bit of Stickles for some sparkle. I would like to enter the following challenges:

Seems a Little Sketchy - Sketch
Joanna Sheen - Christmas Wishes
Sisterhood of Crafters - Polka Dots
Whimsical Designs - Layer it Up
Deep Ocean Challenge - 'C' is for : Christmas Cookies
Scrap Creations - Christmas
Cheerful Stamp Pad - Who's Wearing Santa's Hat
Craft Your Passion - Tis the Season
House Mouse - Fuzzy and Warm
I did it Creations - Eat, Drink and be Merry

I am going out for dinner tonight with my old friends from work so that will be nice to catch up on all the gossip!  See you tomorrow, take care xx

28 comments:

shelly said...

oh my this card is soooo adorable! great design and paper and the hm image is so sweet. i just love them :) thanks for sharing with us at whimdesigns be sure to come back today and tomorrow for our stamp reveal sneak peek :)

chrissy xx said...

Fabulous colouring Susan! LOve your papers!
This is one cute card.
Chrissyxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Aw Susan, this is gorgeous, love the stamp, not got one of these house mouse stamps how bad am I lol, love the bakers twine trim too,

hope you have a nice night, hugs Liz xx

Claire said...

Aww such a sweet card, love the image and fab LO. Hugs, Claire x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Susan, love the house mouse stamps too, they are so cute and have fabulous expressions.Love your colouring and the bakers twine.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card - I love House Mouse too. Have a fab time tonight x

Unknown said...

Wow gorgeous card Susan just got back from my break in Dublin have emailed you, hope you had a good night.
Chris x

Sue B said...

Aww this is mega cute Susan! The mouse is adorable!! Gorgeous layout and papers. Love the sentiment and twine detail - really sweet card!
Hope you enjoy your evening out - and hope your back is feeling much better!
Take Care
Big Hugs Sue xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Awww what an adorable image. Love the colour combo and layout.
Diane xx

GiGi said...

What an adorable card! I love that cute image and all the layered papers! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Darlene said...

OH MY GOSH >>> this is so dang cute!! Awesome design and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘POLKA DOT’ challenge and please come back again soon!

Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sue said...

Sweet stamp, love the layout and the mix of papers you chose. Coloring is awesome. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

I'd be freaking out if my cat was bringing mice into the house.....I love House Mouse, but don't like sharing my living space with the real thing......Yikes! But I do know that kitties are so proud to show you their handy work!
Hugs
Sue

AllisonG said...

Love your House Mouse - you did a great job coloring it, too. Goes great with your stories about your kitty cats.

Thanks for playing along at Seems A Little Sketchy. Hope to see you back again soon.

Debbie said...

This is soooo cute!! Love the image! And the colors! And the layers!! :)

http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love the colours hugs pops x x x

Anonymous said...

A lovely sweet house mouse card for Joanna's challenge, I love house mouse :D

joni said...

Oh, I love your cute lil mouse!!!! I love those stamps too...they are all cute! Thanks for joining the challenge at Whimsical Designs!
hugs,
joni

Janet said...

Beautiful card Susan! There is a little surprise for you on my blog :) x

coops said...

so stunning susan.i love the adorable house mouse image and yoour colours are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

paper fun said...

I loved your mouse story and the name of your cat. Harry Potter is just too fun.

Your card is lovely.

Thanks for joining in our very first challenge at Seems a Little Sketchy.

Mari

Paula said...

Hiya Susan,

Fabulous card - House Mouse are my favourites too! Thanks for joining in the Joanna Sheen Challenge - I've been a right busy bee since I last saw you!

Paula DT x

http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/

Sandy said...

This is so cute I just can't stand it - love it and you are so pretty!!!!!
Sandy

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card hun...just love it!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Franz♥ said...

So amazing!

Thank you for joining us at Deep Ocean, hugs, Franz.

p.s.: i have some candy if you like!

Emma H said...

Awww! Love your wonderful holiday card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week!

TannyP said...

Such a cute card - and a fun story behind it =) Perfect coloring! Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Crafters Polka Dot challenge!

Basement Stamper said...

Oh your mouse is too cute with the plate of cookies! Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-creations this week!

Nanne said...

Aaaaw, super cute card.. excellent job with the layering
Thnx for joining in our fun over at Whimsical Designs..
Hugs
Nanné