Monday 5 December 2011

A big thank you!

Hi there hope you are all ok and enjoyed your weekends!  I received my candy from Janet at Pink Gem today and it is beautiful, thank you so much Janet I am hoping to make a card with it tomorrow - big hug xx

I don't know where the time goes.  We had a lovely time in Manchester on Saturday, went round the markets, got Christmas shopping done and had a nice lunch at The Living Room (or was it in the lounge??).  I've managed to get some white Christmas paper from Paperchase so I am quite pleased with that - yay.  My sister came round for dinner yesterday so that was nice and she has taken all (except for 2 - gulp) of my Christmas cards to sell (or I should say try and sell haha) at her luncheon club.  My husband kept saying I think you shouldn't do that you're putting yourself under too much pressure and I kept saying nah its ok I'll just make more.  I didn't really stop to think that I've been making these since July and its now less than 3 weeks.  Anyway, I don't think she'll manage to sell them all (if any) so I'll be getting them back.  But today he is going to see an old friend tonight so I brightly said oh I'll make a card for you to take.  Hah!  Then I could not think of anything to do at all so it has taken me about 3 hours to do this card and really it looks like it should have taken about 10 minutes!  But to be honest I am not a quick card maker, believe it or not,  I cannot rattle of more than 1 a day on a really good day maybe two but that is rare.  I am in awe of people that can make three or four a day and then you find out they work full time as well - how do they do it?  Anyway I think I have waffled enough so I shall show my card which you have to remember took me all afternoon to make:


I have decided to do another vintage type card and printed out a cute picture from my Tuscan Rose CD which I then cut out with shaped scissors to make it look like the old photos we used to get.  The doily is a Cheery Lynn die and the numbers are made with a Die-namics die using glitter paper. The papers are Raspberry Road and I have used seam binding and a charm from my stash. I have added stickles to the picture and distressed the papers, numbers, pictures, doily and seam binding with Distress Ink Antique Linen. I have decorated the inside to match:


Thanks so much for looking.  I hope the weather is not affecting you too much,  please take care xx

15 comments:

Unknown said...

You are doing well with these candies, your card is beautiful, sweet image and lovely design, I hope you got my email this time????
Your cards are beautiful I wouldnt think you will get any back.
Chris x

Doreen said...

Your card is gorgeous Susan,love the image and fabulous design. I wouldn't bank on getting any of your cards back!!!!.xxx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Your cards are absoslutely gorgeous Susan and oh WOw congrats too. Judy x

Sue B said...

Glad you had a nice time in Manchester Susan!!
Hope you have enough cards for Christmas. I am still making them LOL
I am the same - not a fast card maker. Although I am faster than this time last year. It took me a week to make one card a year ago !!!! LOL Now I can do one in one or two days. But yes, I really don't know how people work full time, make a card a day and Comment!!!! How do they do it !!!!??? I think there must be some secret - e.g. little elves making the cards through the night hee hee
Anyway, your card is gorgeous!!! Love the vintage look and the glitter on the trees - so pretty. Beautiful design - hubby's friend will love it!!
Hope you have a nice evening!
Hugs Sue xx

Jo said...

Hiya
Gorgeous card, so pretty - bet they will love it! As for your others - bet they all sold already! I'm like you......on a good day can only manage 1 card.....mind you that's probably due to all my boys wanting food and Bex taking over my desk lol.
Take care
Jo x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful vintage card Susan, really lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky said...

Beautiful Susan...and I'm so pleased you had a lovely time at the weekend too hun...

I can only manage 2 cards a day....that's on my day's off...! Couldn't manage after a 12hr shift...I take sooooo long to make them I wouldn't be able to have any sleep...lol....!

big hugs Vicky xx

chrissy xx said...

Just Gorgeous! LOve it.
Glad you had a lovely time in Manchester! It's wonderful to see the Market selling such pretty things!
Chrissyxx
Don't want to put you in a panic lol....I have made a Christmas card EVERY week this year....still not got enough!

Craftychris said...

Glad you had a nice time in Manchester. Your card is lovely - I wouldn't bank on getting any cards back!! x

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Susan, love the vintage design - very pretty! Your cards should sell well!
Love Nicola xxx

Debbie said...

Hi Susan...glad you had such a lovely time in Manchester. I love your card and the beautiful vintage image. Don't think you'll be getting any of your cards back hun.
Debbie x

coops said...

so beautiful susan.your soft colours are gorgeous and i love the image ;D

xx coops xx

Chriss America Real said...

Oh this is just lovely!

Hugs,
Chriss

Sandy said...

Love the image - you make a very nice Christmas card - big sigh from my heart!
sandy

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card hun & great image too!
hugs and xxx
Gemma