Friday 2 December 2011

Lots of News!

Hi there hope everyone is well and excited about the weekend looming up!!  I have just found out that I have won Janet's Christmas Candy on her blog Pink Gem - thank you so much Janet!!  My next bit of exciting news (well for me that is) is that I have been asked to join the DT for Delightful Challenges for 6 months starting in January - whoppee!!  It is the first time I have ever done anything like this and I am so excited at the same time as being a wee bit nervous and apprehensive but I am sure they will all look after me and the other "newies" that will be starting!!  Who'd have thought 6 months ago??  I only started my blog at the end of July after I had retired.  It was a way to develop my love of crafting and also to help me as my husband has been undergoing surgery and then radiotherapy for cancer.  So, although the year has been quite fraught emotionally, I have met so many nice people in the blogging community and it is a great way of learning about your crafts and developing and learning new skills.  Anyway on a lighter note my husband has now finished his treatment and just needs 3 - 6 monthly checkups (due on the 22nd this month) so we can put it all behind us now and look to the future.

I have made a card for Christmas for my sister.  She loves antiques and her house is full of all sorts of treasures so I am hoping she will like this card:

This must be about the 15th picture I have taken!!  I did stop at 10 and cropped it and everything and then loaded into my blog and realised I hadn't put the pin in so I had to start all over again grrrrr!!  The image is from my Tuscan Rose CD and I have added some Liquid Pearls to the image where it is snowing to accent it.  The lace is from Wild Orchid and I have made the pin.  I have sanded the edges of the coredinations card stock to distress it a bit.  The Clock Die is by Tim Holtz and I have put some True Snow and Art Institute Glitter on it to make it look a bit frosty.  The pine cones, leaves and rose are made from my new (I'm in love) Tim Holtz pine cone die - wowzer that thing is brilliant!  I have added some True Snow and Art Institute Glitter to those as well so they look frosty - brrrrrr!!  It is difficult to get the colouring right in this light, there is either too much shadow but the paper colour looks right or no shadow and everything is a bit wishy washy.  IRL there is a bit more colour to it however it is quite a softly coloured image and so is the paper so I have done the best I can!!  I would like to enter the following challenges:

By the Cute and Girly - Let it Snow
Charisma Cardz - Spots (I've put spots of snow on)
Crafty Purple Frog - For Someone Special (the card is for my Sister)
Digital Delights - Let it Snow
Craft your Passion - Tis The Season
Kaboodle Doodle - Bundle up for Winter
Sparkles - Vintage Christmas

We're off to Manchester tomorrow to look round the markets and a bit of Christmas shopping if my back holds up and then a spot of lunch - yummy.  Hope you all have a nice weekend I will come round everyone's blogs and catch up later as I haven't had chance the last couple of days.  Enjoy your weekends whatever you are doing, take care xx

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your DT news. Great card, very vintage and pretty. I saw Tim demonstrating that fir cone die yesterday - it is lovely! Christine x

Anonymous said...

No idea why Blogger does not allow me to post today under my name, I've had to select Anonymous to make it publish! Christine x

Claire said...

This is a gorgeous card. Hugs, Claire x

Sunshine Girl said...

Congratulations on joining the DT and I love the card - its gorgeous. You asked on my blog about the street lamps I made - they are actually one of T!ms new alteration dies - very nice. I see you have the pinecone die - I caved in and ordered that yesterday after watching his video! cant wait for it to arrive.

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Susan, what a wonderful card you have made for your sister and I love your pin that you made! Those flowers look fabulously frosty too and everything is so perfect for that lovely image. Congrats on your DT post and have a loevely weekend, Hugs, Teresa x

Doreen said...

Well done Susan on your DT post,this card is simply stunning,your sister will love it,Enjoy the Manchester markets.xxx

Craftychris said...

Contratulation on landing the DT post, you deserve it, your stuff is amazing! Your sister will love the card it is fab. Have a brilliant time in Manchester. x

Janette said...

Many congrat Susan, well done and very well deserved....

Another fabulous card, so elegant.xx

Unknown said...

Huge congrats on winning the candy and starting on the DT well done, your sis will luv this card it is gorgeous that is a beautiful image, have a great time in Manchester.
Chris x

Jo said...

Massive congrats to you!You deserve both the candy win and the DT post - your work is fab!I bet your sister will love the card, its beautiful.
Enjoy your wekend.
Jo x

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Congratulations and gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ Bundle Up for Winter Outside Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Hazel said...

Suzie

Fantastic news about your DT and so well deserved too.

Beautiful card - your sister is very lucky.

Take care.

Hazel x

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Susan, and so very elegant....your sister will love it.
Huge congrats on your new DT position, you will be great, and once bitten by the DT bug, you will want to try for more...
Congrats on your candy win...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Susan, your sister will love it. Congrats on your win and well done on your DT position - you'll be fine! Carol x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous vintage style card.Love the muted tones and the pinecones.Congrats too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Debbie said...

Hi Susan...Congratulations on your DT position and your win. Your card is beautiful and I'm sure your sister will love it.
Debbie x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card!

Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles with our vintage Christmas challenge

Hope you will join us again soon good luck xx

coops said...

this is so stunning susan.i love your design and beautiful vintage image ;D
huge congrats on your DT spot, have fun.

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie, loving the fabby colours and details hugs pops x

Sue B said...

Ooh Congrats on winning the Candy Susan!! and also on getting the DT position!!! Yay - way to go!! You will be fine and your cards are awesome, so you will be valued team member!! :-))
I started blogging just over a year ago and I have made so many friends … so glad that I have my blog!
I'm glad your hubby is ok now, that must have been emotional rollercoaster for you both!!
Your card is SO sweet - love the vintage image and the embellishments are just perfect! Love the lace! and I SO want one of those TIm Holtz Pine Cone dies!! LOL
Hope you have a great weekend!
Big Hugs Sue xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Susan she will love it, great image and vintage feel, well done, congrats on your DT position, I'm sure the girls will look after you well, glad your hubbys on the mend too must be a relief for you, hugs Liz xx

Sandy said...

This is gorgeous! Hey - so much fun to win Candy!!! And congratulations for the DT position. Your cards are wonderful and I do so appreciate you visiting my blog!!
Sandy

♥Gemma♥ said...

Stunning card hun...Massive congrats on your DT position & your win too...sooo well deserved :D
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

What fabulous news!!!!!! Your new DT is exciting but I am so happy for your husband!!!!!! Yaye!!!!!!!! Gorgeous card. Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly’s Let It Snow challenge and good luck!

Tammy, BTC&G DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Congrats on you candy win and congrats on you DT which is well deserved. They are lucky to have you your work is always fabulous.
Wow you card is fantastic! I love the image and so much beautiful detail.
Have a lovely weekend!
Diane xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card - love the image and the TH die is stunning!
Congrats on candy win and DT post.
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely vintage card,the recipient will love it!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz,best of luck!

Vee said...

This is gorgeous such lovely colours and a beautiful vintage image.
Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee

sallysbitz2 said...

This is such a gorgeous card, love it x

Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

xxxtglxxx said...

Beautiful Susan, this is absolutely gorgeous! :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Susan

Wow what a gorgeous, card the background clock goes so well with the vintage image I just love this card! Congrats on your DT position too.

Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina
X

The Crafty Elf said...

Hey, Congratulations! Well done! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Geraldine said...

Love your vintage style card and that pin is beautiful. Thank you for joining in BTC&G's "Let it Snow" challenge.
Geraldine

Inkypinkydelights said...

Such brilliant news! I am at last getting caught up a bit! Oh my what a lovely card this is! I just love evrything about it! Especially the clock! Judy x