Wednesday 7 December 2011

You can't beat pink!

Having suffered with my back for the past couple weeks I have now come down with a really bad cold so yesterday I was unable to do anything at all because I was aching all over and I have just crawled off the sofa now as I hate not being able to do anything.  I'm only hoping I get everything over at once as I do not make a very good patient and I'm beginning to feel sorry for my husband.  I actually coloured this cutie in the other day so all I had to do was just put everything together which I have been able to do.  The digital image is from Louby Loo at Digital Delights and is the adorable Rodney Reindeer which you can find here and at the moment there is 10% off - who says Christmas can't come early?


I have coloured him with my Copics and Prisma pencils and cut him out with a Nestie and layered him onto another Nestie.  The border punch is a MS. The papers are from Nitwits "Mooey Christmas" and I have embossed the deers with my Cuttlebug using a Cart US embossing folder, here's a close up:



I think it goes with the image so well!  As does the charm from my stash:



And to finish a sideview:



I would like to enter the following challenges:

Sassy Studio - Non-traditional Christmas Colours
Crimbo Crackers - Embossing
Art Impression Stamp - Try Something New (New embossing folder and new image)
Paper Crafting Journey - Christmas
Southern Girls - Ribbon Madness
Inky Impressions - Use Ribbon
Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge - Merry Christmas
The Paper Variety - Inspired by Christmas Song (Rudolph)
Bearly Mine Challenge - Non-Traditional Christmas Colours
Creative Card Crew - Tis the Season
Stamping Boutique - No Traditional Colours
Well I think that's it for me - back to my sick bed!  Take care xx

34 comments:

Craftychris said...

This is such a cute card! You take care and I hope you soon feel better x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Susan. love the little reindeer, and the charm is gorgeous.Love pink...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky said...

Snap...! I have a bad cold and throat too...I hate being ill and I'm a bad patient too...lol...!

Anyway, another super cute card Susan and loving the embossing and the wee charm too hun :o)

big hugs and get well soon... Vicky xx

chrissy xx said...

Pink and Soooo pretty! LOve it Susan....
Keep warm.....Hope your better soon.
Chrissyxx

Carol said...

This looks gorgeous in pink Susan, love the image. Hope you feel better soon. Carol x

Angel-23 said...

This is lovely Susan, the colours are beautiful and love the image, I have this image to do myself just been a bit busy. I hope you start to feel better soon, sending you lots of healing thoughts.
Hugs Rachael xx

Unknown said...

A lovely card and cute little reindeer, take care hope your better soon.
Chris x

Sandy said...

Very sweet - I love the embossing!
Sandy

Wendy Hall said...

Absolutely beautiful Susan:)
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

coops said...

so gorgeous susan.fab pretty pink colours and i love the image ;D

xx coops xx

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful card Susan, image looks great 'in the pink!'
Avril

Claire said...

Lovely card hun - such a cute image and I love that charm. Hugs, Claire x

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card Susan, really cute image !
Helen x

Sue B said...

Aww this is SO cute Susan! The rudolph is Adorable!! Beautiful colouring and love that paper with the pink holly - gorgeous!! Really fab card!
Sorry that you've come down with a cold :-(
Have plenty of hot drinks and keep warm!! Hope you feel better very very soon!!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Neet said...

The first six lines describe me to a "T". I am over a week late commenting here so hope you are feeling much better by now.
Lovely card, all the reindeer elements are great.
Hugs, Neet xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is really gorgeous what a sweet little image in fab colours hugs pops x

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What sweet and dainty colors used on your Christmas card!

Thanks for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Merry Christmas Challenge!

Kathleen – Guest Designer
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Anne Fenton said...

I love this...it is really cute ... and I love your embossing folder. Thanks for joining us this week at Art Impressions.

Barbara Bruder said...

What a darling card. Your use of the charm and the embossing folder goes great with the image. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions Challenge this week.

Barbara AI-DT

The Crafty Elf said...

This is the cutest darn card! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! Back back AND a cold...your poor dear! Hope you up and around soon especially this time of year. Take care!! P.S. Off to Vegas Sunday...whoop whoop!

Joey said...

Susan this is gorgeous, I just love this image and I love it in pinks too! gorgeous charm. Thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card i love the sweet image and colour. Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine this time. luv gina xx

Kim said...

Oh my goodness is this darling! i love the fun reindeer theme that you have going on through the whole card! It's beautiful! Thanks for taking time to enter my Christmas Candy...Good Luck in the draw!

Hugs~ Kim

Unknown said...

Hiya,
definitely cannot beat pink, lol!
Gorgeous card. Just popping round to say thank you for following my blog and Happy Christmas!!
Hope you have a lovely time.
hugs
Zahreen
xxx

Doreen said...

Your card Susan is beautiful,love the image. I do hope you are feeling better soon.xxx

cotnob said...

You're so right Susan 'you can't beat pink' and this card is gorgeous, such a cute image. I'm sorry I've been such a bad follower lately but things always catch up with me at this time of year. Not only do I have to contend with Christmas but my son with be 16 on 18th Dec. Hope all is well with you, have a good week.
Pauline
x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so adoreable love the image and the embossed reindeer look fab
Lindsay xx

Emma and Susan said...

Hi Sue
If you are still interested in being on the Lexi's Creations DT please contact me, susuanchatburn@btinternet.com
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Love and hugs
Susan xxx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Susan...just love the image and all the pink.
Debbie x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Such a pretty card hunni & looks gorgeous in pink!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Jamilie said...

Really cute! Love the pink! Thank you for joining us this week at The Paper Variety!

Tip Top said...

Do like that embossing! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

Kathy said...

This is beautiful. Love that embossing folder and fun charm. Such a sweet color combo, too. Thanks for joining us at SSD this week.

Renee Matarese said...

This is so adorable! I love the non traditional colors. That embossing folder is perfect with the image. Love it! hanks for joining us at Art Impressions.
See you again soon.
Renee
AI DT