Thursday 29 December 2011

Up up and away!

Hello to everyone and I sure hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and Santa was good to you!  It certainly doesn't seem like two minutes since we were all dashing around getting things ready does it?  My son and daughter-in-law and grandson are coming tomorrow for New Year which is so exciting and I am getting ready to do it all again lol!!  As I was having withdrawal symptoms from lack of blogging over the last few weeks I have hidden myself away in my craft room and done some crafting the last few days.  I have done my first two DT cards (gulp) so I can relax about those for a week and then I have done another card using some new stamps I got at Christmas.  They remind me of the old Nimble adverts remember them?  She flies through the air la la la - or something like that.

I have used Kraft card for the base and my new Hero Arts stamps.  The map is from Raspberry Road and they have a 50% sale on now yippee!! The label cut out the map is on is from Spellbinders and I have embossed it with circles but you can't really see that.  I have stamped the Card Candi with the compass stamp and the twine and button are from my stash.  Its just quite plain really because it is meant for a man so I kept it plain and simple.  I would like to enter in the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks - Something New (My stamps)
Crafty Creations - Gratitude/Thanks

I hope you all have a fabulous New Year and thanks so much to everyone for their kind comments that they have left over the last few months it does mean a lot and is very encouraging. I'm off to get a mince pie and brandy cream now (someone's gotta eat the beggars!!) Take care xx

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely new stamps and fantastic card, great for a male card, have a great time tomorrow and dont be eating all those mince pies, they are hard to resist.
Chris x

Craftychris said...

Fab card and I remember the advert well!! Well done doing your first DT cards and have a fabulous New Year with your family, I bet you can't wait!! xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Susan, brilliant for a male. Love the hot air balloons..great stamp for steampunk too...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cotnob said...

Great card Susan, I love the vintage feel.
Enjoy your New Year celebrations with you son and his family.
Pauline
x

Sylvia x said...

oooh love this card Susan...enjoy your festivities with the family and wishing you all a very Happy and Healthy 2012

Sylvia xx

Carol said...

Love this Susan. Enjoy your weekend. Carol x

Sue B said...

Ooh I love this Susan! the images are fab and the whole card has a lovely vintage feel to it. Ah yes I remember the Nimble Ad…. "Now I know… I can't let Maggie Go…." LOL
Hope you enjoy the rest of the week and
Have a Very Happy New Year!!
Love Sue xx

rudlis said...

Beautiful card.Thanks for joining us for the Crafty Creations Challenge! Hope to see you again next week and good luck

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is great, loving the colours too hugs pops x

coops said...

gorgeous card susan.i love the fab stamps and the vintage colours are stunning :D

xx coops xx

Debbie said...

Lovely card Susan. Love the image and the your vintage colours. Happy New Year.
Debbie x

Janet said...

Fabulous vintage card Susan....Happy New Year to you and your family! xx

Lin said...

Susan, so sorry I haven't been by before now to welcome you to the team, but I have had a busy few weeks. I am really looking forward to working with you at Lexi's Creations.

Lin

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week:)