Thursday 3 January 2013

Sweet Things

Hello to you all and wow am I late! Had a lie in today I didn't wake up until 825 when the doorbell woke me! I never sleep in I'm usually up with the lark at 6 and it really throws you when you get up late I feel like I am playing catch up.  After all the Christmas cards I thought I would go with something cute and girly just for a change!


A cute Meljen's Image coloured with Copics, Viva Decor added and also some Glossy Accents to the candles.  The papers are by Wild Rose Studio called Cherry Cupcake.  I have used a Cheery Lynn die for the doily (this is my favourite doily die - just love it), MFT for the flower and border (got if for Christmas - love it), Marianne for the leaf spray and Lil' Inker for the pennant.  The sentiment is a MFT one and the pearl and gems are from my stash. I followed the sketch at Stamp with Fun although the doily is square on their sketch - hope this is ok :-) Ha Ha just went to enter it and the challenge has finished!! 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - New (my new MFT border die)

Well that's all for now.  Dave and I are going to see Life with Pi tonight in 3D.  We did go last night but I forgot it was Orange Wednesday so there was a queue around the corner so we turned around and drove back!!

Thanks for taking the time to come and see me as always I really appreciate it! Take care xx

29 comments:

Patricia said...

Happy New Year,
Loving your card today is is just Soooo! sweet.
Know the feeling about sleeping late. Have done it myself a couple of time this past few weeks. I think it is because the mornings are "so" dark..............
Have a Great Evening hope you enjoy it.

Patricia xx

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Susan, pretty image, love the cute little mouse.

Hugs Julie xx

chrissy xx said...

Super cute image! FABulous colours Susan...LOve it....It's GORgeous.
Chrissyxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Susan. I love the sweet image and that wonderful doily die is near the top of my wish list, it looks so pretty.
Hugs Sue

Migdalia said...

Adorable card!Darling image!

cotnob said...

This is a great card Susan, fun image and great layout.
Enjoy the film tonight, my son went to see it today and said it was great!
Pauline
x

nnalorac said...

Shame on you Susan, how I laughed on your return visit to my blog! How I love like-minded folks! Look forward to seeing you use them soon. Carolxx

Chrissy said...

This is such a cute image Susan,fabulous colouring and love the new die..gorgeous flower too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Susan, love all your embellies. Carol x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Susan. Love the image and your layout and colours look fab.
Enjoy the film
Lorraine x

karen said...

Really gorgeous Susan, great image and love your paper choice! hugs, Karenxx

pinky said...

What a shame you missed the challenge Susan, your card is just gorgeous. Happy New Year to you.

Craftychris said...

What a pity you missed the challenge cause the card is fabulous! the image is so cute and the layout so pretty. I hope you have a fab time tonight xx

Eileen said...

Fabulous card Susan. Love this image and the papers and embellies just make it perfect.
OMG at 6am I am just turning over :) I don't get up till 7.15 and later than that when I'm not at work well I still consider 9am is an early start .
Eileen x

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card Suzie:) Adorable image,toooooo sweet:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is a yummy card shake, great image and colours
Hugs Kelly

Berry said...

I've been dreadful for sleeping in lately Suzie I have no idea how I'm going to manage with the kids going back to school next wk! Love this cute card such sweet colours hugs rebekah xx

Glenda Atkins said...

What a sweet and delightful image, fabulous colouring and I love the flower. Hope you fun at the movies!
hugs
Glenda

judit said...

Such a cutie, love the colours as well. Happy New Year, Susan! hugs, judit x

Ally said...

it's so sweet and fresh after all the traditional xmas colours :o) Well done!
Hugs, Alessandra

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is so gorgeous, love the colours too, fabulous creation, huggles Pops x x x

Sue B said...

Oh gosh! you've really shamed me saying that 8.25am is a lie-in!! 10am is crack of dawn to me!!!! LOL but then I am definitely a 'night owl' !!! and I do have trouble sleeping...
You card is SO sweet! I love how you've coloured this cute image… and the papers and embellies are gorgeous. The flower is very scrummy! :-))
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

coops said...

so gorgeous susan.really yummy image and i love your pretty colours. :D

xx coops xx

Dortesjs said...

your cards are so stunning

Suzie's Card Den said...

Hi Susan
What a cute card, I love that image - hope you enjoy the film.
Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.
Hugs
Suzie xx

maxine said...

a lovely card the image is so sweet x

Hazel said...

Hey Sue

such a sweet card - love the image.

Thank you for your support and comments during 2012, they are so very much appreciated and I would like to wish you a HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND CRAFTY NEW YEAR!

I hope you have a great weekend.

Take care

Toodles

Hazel xx

Melissa Bove said...

Such a sweet card!! I love that adorable image!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Sandy said...

Yum, yum! so sweet and that icing looks delicious!!
Sandy