Monday 21 January 2013

Fancy Folds

Good morning everyone hope you had a fabulous weekend! They sure go quickly don't they?

Today sees the start of a new challenge at Lexi's Creations and the theme for this challenge is Fancy Folds.  Now a few weeks back I saw a fabulous card on Helen's blog and she had followed a tutorial here for a cake card and I really wanted to have a go.  As soon as I saw the theme for this week I thought what a brilliant opportunity to have a go!  Now my attempt is nowhere near as good as either Helen's or the one on the tutorial but it was my first attempt:


I have used Lexi's Happy Birthday sentiment which is available to purchase at Fairydust Crafts.  I cut the sentiment out with my Spellbinders Label (? which number) die and distressed it with some Distress Ink whilst still in the die.  The gingham paper is Pink Petticoat and the diamond paper is Magnolia but I have forgotten where the flowered paper is from.  I used a Spellbinder die to cut the window out on the candle box and put some acetate in.  The heart border is a Martha Stewart and the flowers are Spellbinders Rose Creations.  I added some Viva Decor to the top of the cake and a diecut butterfly to finish.  Here is a picture of it with the candles in it:


Our sponsor this week is:


So please go over to Lexi's Creations and see what the rest of the Design Team have done for some more ideas. We would love to have you join us for this challenge so get your thinking caps on and get creating and folding!!

Thanks for looking today, take care xx

28 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Wow Susan this is fantastic, what a brilliant idea and very unusual.

Hugs Julie x

Janette said...

Morning Susan and what a lovely snowy day it is for us here today.....
Your creation is simply gorgeous and I so adore the gingham....big fan....just gorgeous.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow Susan
A stunning and beautiful card ,gorgeous paper's and colour's and just love the design might take a look at this myself
Hugs Dianne xx :)

chrissy xx said...

WoW! Wow! Wow!
JUst Stunning! FABulous design..FABulous colours..LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Unknown said...

Wow stunning Susan a beautiful design and a very lucky person receiving this, luv that butterfly who is it from ??
Chris x

Suzie's Card Den said...

Hi Susan
Gorgeous candle cake birthday card, I love these and this one is so pretty.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Sue said...

WOW!! This is wonderful Susan. I really love the design and all the detailing. The colours are gorgeous too.
Hugs Sue

nnalorac said...

This is so sweet Susan, just love the colour combo. papers and cute boxes. Carolxx

Sonia said...

Wowwwwwwwww Susan^_^
Stunning creation my dear friend^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Unknown said...

Well you most certainly have made very fancy folds here Susan! What a wonderful creation, really love this model and the nice,sunny, bright colours you used here. It's party time! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzie, I've never heard of a cake card before,, but what a great idea and so beautifully layed out!
You're right though, the weekends do go fast!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mimi

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is awesome Susan! what a fab design! Love the gorgeous papers that you've used and the embellishments are stunning!! it's a real corker of a card… I love it!!
Hope you have a good week
Stay safe and warm!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Craftychris said...

Now this is a seriously cool creation! Stunning xx

cotnob said...

Wow! This is fabulous Susan, I love the blue and yellow colour combination and your papers are lovely. This is a great design, I'm going to have to take a look at the tutorial.
I hope you managed to get away to visit your family.
Pauline
x

Carol said...

This is fabulous Susan, it's the first time I've seen one too. Carol x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Susan. I love the colours you've used and the fab design.
Lorraine x

My'scardcorner said...

Just beautiful Susan and Love your choice of colours so unusual allround.
Myrax

Vicky said...

Oh WOW!! This is stunning, an amazing card

hugs Vicky xxxx

Debs said...

What a stunner Susan - amazing design.
Debs xx

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous and such wonderful details too hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Jo said...

Just brilliant Susan! love the clean, fresh colours.
Hugs Jo x

coops said...

wow so gorgeous susan.really love the fabulous design and your colour combo is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Stunning creation Susan, wow, so beautiful,especially love those colours together! Such talent you have!
hugs
Glenda

Unknown said...

This is absolutely fantastic Susan, Might have to have a go at this myself, you've done such a good job! xx

pinky said...

Ah what a gorgeous project Susan. It looks so gorgeous in the yellow. Hope to have a go someday!!

Planetsusie said...

I've recently seen another of these cards and am so glad you mentioned that it is on a tutorial. I am definitely going to have a look. This is really pretty and looks well worth the effort. A great creation.

Hugs Sue Pxxx

Unknown said...

oH MY GOODNESS, this is stunning, wow I always wanted to do something like this but never turned out right...this is just wow...luv aNNie

Ally said...

Brilliant!!! Wowee that's perfect! This is on my to-do list for ages!!!
Hugs, Alessandra