Wednesday 9 January 2013

Anyone for Coffee?

Good morning and here we are mid-week already! Don't know where the time flies to.  Well I have broken my poor little Cuttlebug sob sob! I really love it and miss it dreadfully but I would keep cranking too many layers through I blame the extra shims I have in those intricate patterns.  It went ping and the side fell off.  My DH is going to look at it but I think it has gone to Cuttlebug heaven.  I have my Big Shot Pro but he is such a big fella that I use my Cuttlebug mostly just for all the smaller stuff and I think it is a lot easier for embossing. I can't get the hang of embossing with my SB on the Pro it doesn't look as good as with my little bug.  I think I will have to get another this week.

Here is the card I have made for today, another fab Mayzy Art image:


She's called Shawna with Latte and she looks like she needs that to warm her up lol! She's such a stylish girl I had to have her wearing some Louboutins don't know if you can quite catch the red soles!! I have coloured her with Copics and Prismas and then cut her out.  She has been placed on a SB oval embossed with dots and also a SB Floral oval.  The papers are Echo Park called Sweet Day.  The border die is MFT Dienamics and the coffee cup is a C.C. Designs die, I put the band through a crimper to make it look like the bands you get. The ticket is also by C.C. Designs and the corner die is a Whimsy.  Pearls are from my stash and they have been coloured with Copics.  I have followed the sketch over on Sketch Saturday for the layout.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday - Sketch
Mayzy Art - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - New (Image, coffee cup die and papers)
Flourishes -New (Image, coffee cup die and papers)
Papertake Weekly - Happy New (I used New Stash)
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Shiny and New

Well I am off to the gym and then taking my Aunt out for lunch - she will be 91 next month! Catch you all later, thanks so much for looking! Take care xx

37 comments:

Hanna said...

Oh wow! This is fabulous! Love the embossed background and the punched corner with the pearl is such a STUNNING detail! Love the little cup of coffee too, it is so adorable :)

have a nice day,
hugs
Hanna

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card Suzie, love the background DP, colours and your super colouring. My friend bought the new model of the Cuttlebug and loves it. Carolxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Suzie, love the image and the pretty papers.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

It's lovely Suzie, great color combination, it's so warm, reminds me of spring! Ohhh how I miss spiring and warmth and flowers :) It's still snowing here in Istanbul and too cold :(

Have a great day
Mevc

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Susan. I love the trendy image and beautiful papers.
Hugs Sue

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Susan, love the image and fabulous background papers..awesome colours...so sorry about your cuttlebug, I'm dreading the day mine dies..maybe I'll get a reserve tucked away just in case..have a lovely day with your Aunt..

Luv CHRISSYxx

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Susan love the image she's gorgeous, lovely DP and layout.

Sorry to hear about you bug, I did that with my Big Shot and broke the handle off, with my die stuck under the roller, luckily Rob was able to get it out for me thank goodness.

Hugs Julie xx

Doreen said...

Love this gorgeous card,what a fab image.xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Susan :-) I love the image and the details are all FAB, I love the coffee mug die cut, perfect finishing touch :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Mary J said...

So beautiful, Sue! Those papers and the die cuts are perfect with her! I must play with my Mayzyarts more!

Eileen said...

Beautiful card Susan. Have to admit I bought this image last year and have still to print it off. Love what you have done with her here. Those papers are gorgeous and love that coffee cup.
Sorry to hear about your cuttlebug.
Eileen x

Judith said...

Very - a la mode Susan - I have this one printed off to colour - when I get round to it! - love all your gorgeous details hugs Judith x

Sonia said...

Just wonderful card my friend^_^
The image is absolutely gorgeous and the papers are lovely^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Carol said...

Fabulous card Susan, love the papers and your coffee mug is the perfect finishing touch. Carol x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Susan luv the image and the colours are beautiful, the grand calibur is fantastic best buy ever and so easy to emboss, I could never emboss right with the big shot, enjoy your lunch.
Chris x

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Susan, fabulous image.
Wendy xx

chrissy xx said...

JUst GORgeous! FABulous image and I LOve your colours Susan.
Chrissyxx
Snap! My end keeps falling off! {the Cuttlebug lol} I keep pushing the bugger back on and touch wood it's still working.

Sue B said...

Oh no! sorry to hear that you've broken your Cuttlebug Susan! I know what you mean about adding the extra shims for those thin dies… I think you should treat yourself to another one if it can't be fixed! :-)
Your card is beautiful.. Love the gorgeous image and the pretty papers. Your colouring is fab!
Hope you enjoyed lunch with your Aunt!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Jo said...

This is beautiful. This was one my first few Mayzy images and I love it. Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt.

Patricia said...

WOW! that is a stunning image beautifully coloured.

Patricia xx

Anonymous said...

Totally gorgeous Susan, love the image and fab colours! Sorry to hear about your cuttlebug!
Helen x

Debs said...

What a stunner Susan - love the image and fab DP's.
Enjoy your evening.
Debs xx

coops said...

so gorgeous susan.fab papers and design and i love the pretty image :D

xx coops xx

May said...

Beautiful image Susan... Love those papers... Hugs May x x x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Susan...and loving the colours too hun..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

pinky said...

Ah poor wee cuttlebug Susan! Hope hubby can fix it. I love your gorgeous card, will have to get me some of those images.

Unknown said...

Fab card! I love all the little details like the little cup of coffee on the left. So cute!

Thanks for joining the MayzyArt Challenge!

~Mayzy

Glenda Atkins said...

Broke your cuttlebug,oh my this is not good, I would be lost without my little bug!Glad to hear you have BS as a backup! Your card is gorgeous and so is your colouring. Love her boots and the wonderful papers!
hugs
glenda

Craftychris said...

I really love this one, the image is really cool! You are so good at choosing backing papers and the whole design is fab. Love the embossed background xx

cotnob said...

Lovely card Susan, such pretty die cuts and papers.
I know what you mean about the Cuttlebug, I love mine - they are just so handy. You should be able to pick one up quite reasonably now that there are so many different machines on the market.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your cuttlebug Susan... but look on it from the bright side, now you can buy something new ;-) Your card is fab, such a pretty little lady! Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

karen said...

oh lovin this Susan what gorgeous colours! Great card and oh yeah would love a coffee!! hugs, Kaernxx

Sandy said...

Delicious design work with gorgeous paper. It really gives great texture!
Sandy

Amanda said...

What a seriously Gorgeous card!! I love how you colored "Shawna" in! I don't know much about shoes, but the Louboutins sound amazing! :) I do, however, know about pinging and a great machine falling apart, and I feel very sorry about your scrapping loss :( On the other hand, you have one amazing card from it!! :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!!
~ Amanda :)

Anne Fenton said...

Great card...love the image you have used. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week.

Kim said...

This is so cute. Love the layout and colors. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Kim

Darlene Lyons said...

Another beautiful piece of work! Thanks for sharing it with us at MayzyArt!