Monday 18 March 2013

Special Female

This is what happens when you get up at 3:30 in the morning - you forget to post!  Today sees the start of a brand new challenge over at Lexi's Creations and the theme this week is Mothering Sunday or A Special Female.  I know we in the UK have already celebrated Mother's Day but a  lot of countries have yet to celebrate it.  If you don't want to do a Mother's Day Card that's fine just make a card for a special female - mother, gran, daughter, sister, aunt you get my drift!  As I no longer have my mother I have done a card for someone special:


Quite a simple CAS card really.  I used Lexi's DIY Butterfly which I printed straight onto the linen cardstock.  I also printed another on some Pink Petticoat gingham paper and cut it out and put over the image on the card.  The sentiment is computer generated and printed straight onto the cardstock.  I used a corner punch which I got in my yummy candy from Susan - thank you! Some pearls from my stash to finish.  

Our sponsor this week is:


who have kindly donated five digi images from their store.

Please pop over to Lexi's Creations and see what the rest of the DT have done.  Please remember that we are now limiting entries to 2 so that it is fair for everyone.

Thank you for looking today, sorry I was late! Take care xx

20 comments:

Sonia said...

Wonderful card my dear creative friend^_^
I love this image^_^
Have a beautiful day^_^
Sonia

chrissy xx said...

Super cute image! FABulous CAS card Susan...LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Susan, love the simplicity yet beauty of it...can you tell me the font you used for the sentiment please...it's lovely..luv aNNIe x

Debs said...

Beautiful elegant CAS design Susan - love that flutterby.
Have a fab day
Debs xx

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Susan, I love CAS cards and yours is a perfect example.
Pauline
x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Susan, very pretty card, love the butterfly die.
I was so taken with your card using an image from the Paper Shelter that hah a look at their stamps, of course had to buy a few. I think they are just wonderful and had a difficult time making a choice, sobthanks for sharing your work and directing me to this company, Kate x

Craftychris said...

I love this, the simplicity of its design is gorgeous! xx

Carol said...

A beautiful CAS card Susan, love the colour and that corner punch. Carol x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful CAS card Susan, love the paper pieced butterfly,very pretty..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Susan. I love the design and pretty little butterfly.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

A stunning CAS card Susan. I love the butterfly and pretty shade of lilac.
Sue xx

mags said...

A beautiful CAS card Susan.
Mags
x

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Susan… I love the CAS layout and the butterfly is really pretty in the gingham… love the corners too … it's a really elegant design! :-)
Hope you're having a lovely evening!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, I love it, hugs Pops x x x

Jo said...

Just beautiful & the punched corners look lovely.
Hugs Jo x

susiestacey said...

Hi Susan so pretty and simple x Susan x

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the CAS style and this personifies it, well done Susan!
hugs
Glenda

coops said...

simply stunning susan.gorgeous pretty butterfly and i love your cas design :D

xx coops xx

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Susan,pretty pastel colours, love the corner embellishments and butterfly.

Hugs Julie xx

Sandy said...

You are special - that's for sure!!
Sandy