Tuesday 12 March 2013

Here's Another

Good morning everyone.  It sure is cold here such a bitter wind although its lovely and sunny!  I'd like to say a big welcome to my latest follower Nikki!  Well I seem to be on a theme of thank you cards at the moment so here's another one:


The image is a digi by Stitchy Bear called Darling Daisies and I have coloured it with my Prisma Pencils although I must admit I don't really like how it turned out. I love the paper its a digi from The Paper Shelter so I actually got the image because I thought it matched the paper well.  I have used my Joy Craft die for the daisies with some Card Candi in the centre which I coloured with my Copics.  The tag and hummingbird are Cheery Lynn dies.  The ribbons is from my stash.

I would like to enter the following challenges:


Crafty Boots - Old, New, Borrowed or Blue (Old Ribbon, New Image and Paper, Blue Colour)
Incy Wincy Designs - Things that begin with F (Flowers)
Addicted to Stamps - Bring on Spring (lots of Flowers)
One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes
Stamptacular Sunday - To Die For
The Hybrid Chick - Fur or Feather

My son and DIL and two scrummy grandsons are coming for a week at Easter!  I am trying to get all prepared so I don't have to spend too much time in the kitchen by freezing things beforehand.  Last week I made a big batch of bolognaise sauce and today I am going to make a tagine and lemon  roulade although I think I need to get a move on as there is only just over two weeks to go!! I am so excited to have my little bundles of gorgessness up here for a week!

Thank you so much for looking, see you tomorrow and take care xx

28 comments:

Doreen said...

This is beautiful ,love the image and great layout.xxx

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful love the imaged flowers and colour combo...gorgeous card.x

Janette said...

Oh love the card Susan, so pretty....
Your right with the weather report, we are getting frozen through again, but we are lucky the Sun is on our heads I suppose...lol...
Nice to hear your family are coming down, only just found out last night how near Easter is....can't believe it...xx

Sonia said...

Simply wonderful card my dear friend^_^
Lovely image and gorgeous papers^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Susan. The colours look fab and I love all the pretty flowers and the dotty ribbon.
Lorraine x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Susan. I love the image and the pretty paper matched perfectly.
Hugs Sue

Eileen said...

A beautiful card Susan. Gorgeous design and layout and the paper matches so well with your image and diecuts.
Sounds as if you are going to have a great Easter
Eileen x

Viv said...

Just gorgeous! Have this image and had no idea how to make it look it's best - can feel my copy head coming on Susan! LOL xx

Carol said...

Such a pretty card Susan, love the paper it's perfect for the image. Lovely to have something to look forward to too. Carol x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little card suzie ... love all those flowers ... yep pretty chilly down her too ... hope you have a great day ... happy crafting and love sandy xx
ps love your four leaf clovers fluttering down ...

Craftychris said...

I really like this, the stamp matches the background a treat! I love all the embellishments too. How fab to have your family coming for Easter. It sounds like they are going to have some yummy food to eat! xx

chrissy xx said...

Oh My! I LOve your papers Susan and your image works Perfect with them..LOve the flowers and that little tag too.
Chrissyxx
Exciting News! x

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Susan this is a beautiful card I just love those flowers and how you have put the whole thing together

Patricia xxx

Unknown said...

Flowers galore! Such fab eye candy Susan, thanks for this bit of spring! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Susan - why you're not happy with it I don't know - the image is coloured beautifully and the die cut flowers are a perfect embellie.
Sounds like you're in for a wonderful Easter with the family - just how I like it too - we're all going to Centre Parcs and I can't wait :o)
Have a fab evening
Debs xx

Annette said...

Hello Susan, the wetter is the same here in Holland. Bitter cold!Your card makes me smile and hunger for the spring! Beautiful! xoxo Annette

Claire said...

This is a lovely Spring card hun. Hugs, Claire x

May said...

Beautiful card Susan, Love the image & papers, Love your colouring... How lovely to have your family visit over Easter...your cooking sounds yummy!! Hugs May x x x

julie_woolston said...

Stunning card Susan love the gorgeous flowers and colours, beautiful design.

Hugs Julie xx

coops said...

so gorgeous susan.really love your design and stunning image :D

xx coops xx

Sue B said...

Wow! this is beautiful Susan! what a gorgeous design… I love the layers and how the flowers are replicated in each layer… and the embellies are perfect! it's a stunning card!
Hope you are having a good week! not long until Easter now! :-))
Big hugs
Sue xx

Sandy said...

Gorgeous Susan - if this does not spell Spring nothing does!!
Sandy

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card, everything looks so great together and the colours are fabulous! wow! I keep going back for a second look, truely love it!
hugs
Glenda

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Susan, so perfectly co-ordinated.
Pauline
x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Truly stunning hun...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Susan, such a lovely image and colouring, love the bird and beautiful papers..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lizzy said...

I love this card, I adore the colours, turquoise is my absolute favourite colour and I love the daises, great die! My grandchildren are staying over for Easter, on their own, the littlest is 6 months GULP!!! wish me luck xx