Saturday 30 March 2013

No Patterned Papers

Good morning, I hope you are all having a lovely Easter weekend wherever you are!  The weather yesterday was lovely and sunny in Blackpool my DH got the grass cut and some much needed tidying up done in the garden! I was busy in the house getting preparations underway for the arrival of my gorgeous grandsons, son and DIL later on today!

We have a new challenge at Card Makin' Mamas and we want to see your cards without any patterned papers on!  Here is mine:


I have used  a cute acrylic stamp from Ladybug Craft Ink which I won in my mega box of candy from Susan (thank you again)!  She has been coloured with my Copics and I added some Glossy Accents to the glass and Stickles to the bubbles which I don't think you can really see on this picture (and boy is that crooked)!!  I cut her out with Spellbinders Ovals and matted her on Beaded Ovals.  The pretty beads around her are lovely IRL, very iridescent.  I embossed the Centura Pearl and matted it on some Coredinations pink card stock. The letters are cut with foam which I coloured with my Copics to match.  The ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl, very satiny just gorgeous!

For some more inspiration please go over to Card Makin' Mamas and see what the rest of the DT have done.  Please remember we are a card making challenge so we want to see your cards! We are sponsored this week by

Well I have scheduled this so hopefully it will come up ok - fingers crossed.  I am now going to schedule my DT posts for next week.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, I know I will!  Thank you so much for looking, take care xx

22 comments:

Chrissy said...

Very classy Susan, great image and colouring, and love the bling on the ribbon..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Sue, love the background and image, just goes to show don't always need paper, have a wonderful weekend, Kate x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Have a great weekend with your grandsons Susan. Your card is beautiful.
Hugs Kelly

Sue said...

Fabulous card Susan, I love the image, wonderful embossing and gorgeous ribbon.
Wishing you a Happy Easter and I lovely time with your family
Hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Classy card full of zest...can't wait to do this challenge..xx

mags said...

A lovely card, very elegant.
Mags
x

Unknown said...

So elegant Susan! Great feminity in pink!! Happy Easter, hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Viv said...

Weather just down the coast a little way from you is lovely too! Great image and a lovely card Susan. Enjoy your weekend.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous CAS card Susan. the image looks great and I love the pretty ribbon.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Eileen said...

Absolutely Fabulous..... certainly an Edina sort of card. Elegant clean lines and great image
Eileen x

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card Susan, great embossed base and I love the bead detail.
Have a great week with your family.
Pauline
x

karen said...

FAbulous card Sue, love the image and WOW so wish I could make a card without pp would save a fortune, just cant do it LOL!! Have a lovely weekend, Karenxx

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Susan! what a fab image and your colouring is beautiful ! I love the embossing and the pretty frame and ribbon details… it's a stunning card!
Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend! :-))
Love Sue xx

chrissy xx said...

Super cute...LOve your image..
LOve your colours...LOve your ribbon and pearls..LOve everything..
Chrissyxx
Have a lovely lovely week Susan x
Enjoy x

Patricia said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love everything about this stunning card.
Enjoy the family, have a great time with the little ones.
Happy Easter you and all the family

Patricia xxx

coops said...

so gorgeous susan.fab stamp and i love your pink colours and embossing ;D

xx coops xx

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Susan, the colour is so pretty. Carol x

nnalorac said...

A lovely girly card Susan. The cas style is perfect to show off your Stylish girl, love it. Carolxx

My'scardcorner said...

Its lovley Susan love the added ribbon and diamante..Enjoy your time with your Grandchildren.
Myrax

Craftychris said...

A lovely card, the embossed background looks fab and I love the addition of the beads. Fabulous! xx

Judith said...

I love your pretty card Susan - such a lovely shade of pink - enjoy your week with your big and little boys! hugs Judith x

scrappymo! said...

So very pretty...Great image and I love the bling on the ribbon!