Tuesday 30 August 2011

30th August

Hi there hope you are all well and survived the BH weekend, I hope none of you got sun-stroke!!!  Well I never made it to the kitchen to make dinner yesterday my husband said lets go to the pub for tea - who was I to argue?

Today I've managed to make a Halloween card - it was in between an unexpected visit to the hospital with my husband - since I retired from there on the 30th June I think I've spent more time up there!!  Anyway back to the card, I grew up in the USA and so I have always loved Halloween, the house gets decorated and I'm so excited for ages before.  My sister and I always went Trick or Treating when we were growing up and I can still remember the excitement of coming home from school, eating your dinner quick and getting your costume on and off you went "Trick or Treat."


That's a picture of my little grandson, Harrison, taken when he was just 4 weeks old last Halloween.  I have decided to stay with the pumpkin theme for my card:


I'm sorry but the picture is a bit rubbish I took it several times but that was the best I could do, David Bailey I ain't!  The stamp is from Kraftin' Kimmie - one of a few new ones I bought last week :-].  The papers are from Nitwits and I downloaded the cute pumpkin font from Dafont - it is free and they have loads.

I will enter this card into the following challenges:

Aly's Sunday Sketch - Halloween
One Stitch at a Time - Halloween or Fall
Forever Night Challenges - Too cute to spook

 
Thank you for looking, take care x

5 comments:

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Susan, what a gorgeous little man love his outfit.
Your card is lovely the orange and purple go well together and love the layout.
Diane :-) xx

p.s I have put a link in my post to your blog and also put you in my sidebar for my followers to come and visit. If you give me a link to your sisters blog I will go and visit her xx

Josephine said...

So cute - and such a lovely, dramatic colour scheme!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Unknown said...

Very Too Cute to Spook project!! Thank you for joining us over at Forever Night Challenges "Too Cute to Spook" challenge. ~Forever Night~

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww cute, fab colours and bless the little one! Thank you so much for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT-xxx- p.s I will be announcing new candy later today if you would like to pop by and enter :-)

Kos med papir og saks said...

sweet card and baby.

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this , hope you join us next time too.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time