Wednesday 24 September 2014

Let's See Those Folds!

Good morning! I have scheduled this as my daughter and Rowan are staying a few days because Rowan's Daddy is away for a few days on business.  So apologies now if I don't get round to you all, then my son and Harrison and Rafe are coming on Friday for the weekend - so lots of fun and cuddles for me!!

Today we have a new challenge at The Paper Shelter and we want to see your folds on your card as in easel card, step cards, z fold etc etc!!  Here is mine:


I went for a Joy Fold Card, one of my favourites.  Apologies for the picture but it looks really washed out, I took loads too and these are the best of the bunch.  I have used a new image from The Paper Shelter called Halloween available here.  I coloured the image with Copics using chalks for the background.  The papers are Echo Park The Apothecary Emporium, I am trying to use some of the many paper pads I have accumulated - a long way to go yet!  I cut the image out with SB Circle Die and matted onto Dienamics Pinking Edge Circle Stax.  The cobweb corner is La La Land die and the Dangling Spider is Memory Box.  The Wrought Iron Fence along the bottom is Memory Box.  My sentiment is made with an Uptown Rubber Stamp embossed in Black Sparkle.

Another view:

The inside:


As usual there is a fabulous prize available to the lucky winner:


Please take a look at The Paper Shelter Challenge for lots of inspiration.

Thank you so much for looking and the lovely comments you leave.




28 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Great card once again Susan with stunning colour combo and love the added beauties Enjoy your time with your family.xxThe Journey is the Start

Nannieflash said...

Hi Suzie, what a extremely clever card design I love it your image looks just stunning with the colouring and the papers are gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxx

vic said...

Hi Susan love your folded card it's gorgeous and your image is so sweet :) enjoy your time with your family:)
Hugs
Vic x

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Susan a beautiful design and fab images.
Chris x

Carol said...

Fabulous card Susan, love the image. I haven't made a Joyfold card in ages! Carol x

Patricia said...

Brilliant card, love the image, papers and your great design.
Enjoy all the cuddles

Patricia x

Hazel said...

A stunningly beautiful card, sorry I have missed so many of your blogs I am still having problems commenting on lots of blogs, I am hoping this one will work. Enjoy your time with your boys and daughter . Hazel xx

Susan said...

Love it Susan!!
Don't do Halloween cards but looking at this one wish I did xx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Susan have fun with all of the family xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Susan. I love the image and such a brilliant design.
Sue xx

JJ said...

Beautiful card Suzie, love the design, so unusual.

Enjoy having lots of cuddles over the next few days.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Sue B said...

Oh this is fab Susan… such a wonderful image… I zoomed in for closer look… you've coloured it to match the papers perfectly!! Love the fold of this card!
Hope you have a lovely time with your family! :-)
Big hugs
Sue xx

Unknown said...

I simply love Halloween and your card is truly amazing Susan! Love your wonderful colouring of the delicate hanging sign and the papers/die cuts are a perfect match! Have fun with your family, hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Susan, what a fabulous card, loving your design and the papers and dies are brilliant. super image and colouring.
Gosh your going to be busy this weekend, have a wonderful time with your lovely boys, hugs Kate x

Liz McGuire, said...

This is brilliant, I know what you mean about using papers. I would need five lifetimes to use mine up I think!

Sounds like you have a hectic few family days ahead but I bet you will love every minute.

You asked about the neat edging. It's a die - I could never be that neat! It's from the Blueprints sets by My Favourite Things, just love all those sets.

Liz x

chrissy xx said...

What a FABulous design Susan..LOve your scary image and papers.
You are going to be a busy lady this week lol...but, a happy one!
Chrissyxx
Weather's been nice in Blackpool/Fleetwood today x

Chrissy said...

AWEsome card Susan..I love this fold but always do it wrong and it keeps falling over!!Love the papers and neat image..hope you have a wonderful fews days and weekend with all the G/kids and your daughter..busy,busy,busy..can't wait till I retire..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, love this card and I really love those papers ! Great work and enjoy your cuddles. Have fun x

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card Susan. Love the image and papers and that fold looks fabulous.
Have a fantastic time with your family.
Lorraine x

Craftychris said...

Love this! It's just so cool and the cobweb die cut is fab! The card construction is unusual and really brilliant! Have a lovely family time! xxx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Susan, such an elegant design.
I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.
Pauline
x

Sandy said...

Wonderful Halloween card and I absolutely love your papers!!
Sandy xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Susan what a beauty this is love that card fold also the smashing Halloween design, excellent creation.
hugs
lorraine x

Judith said...

This is a fab Halloween card Susan and I love the papers and dies you chose hugs Judith
ps enjoy your cuddles x

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous Joy Fold card Susan, I love the image and the pretty papers. Anet x

coops said...

so stunning susan.fantastic spooky image and i love your fab design and papers ;D

xx coops xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous Halloween card, and love the fold.
hugs
Glenda

Gail said...

Wow, this is just too cute. I adore the image. This is fabulous! Your fold is wonderful and the colors are beautiful! I adore the way this card opens. I think this is a GREAT Halloween card! Hugs, Gail