Monday 1 September 2014

Distress It

Good morning and can you believe its the First of September??? The trees have started to turn and the nights are certainly drawing in - sigh!  Now I must apologise if I have missed calling in to see you.  My darn Reading List disappeared for two days finally reappearing yesterday.  I have tried to catch up but it takes so long and I only have so much time to spend blogging.  I have already commented this morning and now when I came to do this post I just notice my Reading List has disappeared yet again!!!!!

Anyway enough of my moaning! Today I have two posts, this is the first one.  A new challenge is starting at A Little Bit Crafty and the theme is Distress It.  Not something I do that often but such fun when you do!


I used a cute little Wee digital stamp and coloured her with my Copics and loads of Glamour Dust to her wings.  I did distress around the image with some Milled Lavender DI whilst it was still in the die.  The papers are Nitwits I think its called Flower Shoppe, a new one, and I have used my Tim Holtz Distress tool on it.  The doily behind the image is a Marianne die and I cut it to make it fit around.  The flower is from Wild Orchid Crafts and the pearl trim I got from E Bay. I used a sketch from Papertake Weekly for the layout.


We have some fabulous sponsors this month:


£15 Artistic Stamper Stamps


Prize to follow


£20 Gift Voucher

Don't forget you have nearly a month to enter and we love to see any handmade project not just cards!  Pop over to A Little Bit Crafty and see what the rest of the DT have done.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Papertake Weekly - Free Choice I used No 80 
Simon Says - Anything Goes

Thank you so much for looking and I will be back later with my next DT make! Take care xx

26 comments:

Jo said...

Gorgeous make Sue, love that image & all your fabby details. Lost my reading list over the weekend too....no problems this morning though so fingers crossd it stays that way lol!
hugs Jo x

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is so pretty Susan.
My reading list keeps disappearing too :-(
Hugs Kelly

Patricia said...

Good morning Susan,,
Brilliant card, great image, colours and design.
Have a great day

Patricia x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Susan, such a pretty image and stunning colouring. I love your beautiful detailing too.
I have been having problems with my reading list too, so annoying!
Sue xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Susan love the image beautiful colour's and design
Hugs Dianne xx :)

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and super distressing, it's good to get the frustration out by distressing too...great colours and image.xxThe Journey is the Start

Veerle said...

Really beautiful card Susan. I'm hooked on distressing my papers.
Cute and lovely image.
Hugs Veerle xxx

May said...

Stunning card Susan your colouring is amazing... Love the design... Hugs May x x

JJ said...

Hi Suzie,

Gorgeous card, love the layout, image and colour, very pretty.

Don't worry about commenting, I know the feeling well, I want to comment on everyone's posts each day but it takes me 2 hours, time I don't have unfortunately. I now comment as often as I can but don't worry about it anymore, I have very limited time to make cards as it is lol! Not sure why you keep losing your lists thought, probably blogger again!

Love * Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Susan.
Hugs Julie xxx

rachel said...

wonderful make Susan - such a cute image! Hope you have a great day! hugs rachel x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Sue, a very sweet card, and love the distressed papers, lovely colouring and papers.
Blogger plays tricks like that, it's so frustrating though, hugs Kate x

Hazel said...

Very pretty card Susan. My reading list has done the same, but that's been on and off for a week nearly. Then when it reappears you see lots of posts, you go into one come out and none of the other posts are there. All fun and games these days. Hazel xx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Susan, I love your sweet image and pretty papers.
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Susan. The image is adorable and I love the pretty colours and embellies..perfect!
Lorraine x

Sue B said...

Aww this is gorgeous Susan… such a sweet image and I love the scrummy paper and fab die cuts! the flower and pearl trim are very pretty! :-)
Hope you have a great week!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Debs said...

So gorgeous Susan - the image is adorable and so beautifully coloured.
My reading list has been missing too - but it does seem to return if I 'keep' refreshing page!!!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Debs xx

Carol said...

Such a pretty card Susan,love the cute image and gorgeous embellishments. Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Susan this is beautiful love the image so much and what gorgeous colours and papers you have used, that flower and the die cuts look superb, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Stunning and I love purple, and such a cute image too x

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image! Too cute! Fabulous card!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

mags said...

Gorgeous card Sue. Cute image and lovely colour choice and detail.
Mags
x

debby4000 said...

Such an adorable and gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty and the distressing suits it so well!
Love the pretty image and your lovely dies. That pearl trim is fab...what a great find!

Sandy said...

She is the cutest butterfly baby or is she a wee fairy? I love the colors you have used!
Sandy xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Your take on that sketch is fabulous, what a beautiful card! Your colouring is super as usual!
hugs
Glenda