Thursday 7 November 2013

DTBST 202 Happy Veteran's Day

I am back again, for my Digital Delights post please scroll down.

Sorry this is a bit late but we have only just got back from the hospital and the news could have been better.  Dave will have to go back in four weeks and if things are still the same it will mean another set of MRI and bone scans before deciding what to do.  We are both optimistic that things will be better.

The new challenge at Dare to Be Sassy Thursday is for Veteran's Day.  We do not celebrate this in the UK so I had to have a bit of a look round for some inspiration.  Basically the day is to celebrate the contribution the Armed Services make to the country.  Here is my card:


I have used Sassy Studios Captain Americana and coloured her with my Copics.  I added Glossy Accents to the shield to make it shiny.  The papers are Raspberry Road which I thought were good for the theme.  I made the sentiment on my PC and used SB Ribbon Banners to mount it.  I have cut and mounted the image with SB Long Classic and Scalloped Rectangles.  The button and twine are from my stash.  I made the border by using a MS Border Punch but just having the edge showing.  Here is another view:



You don't need to use a Sassy Studio image to enter but if you do you can enter twice.  The lucky winner will win two Sassy images.  Please go over to the challenge to see the rest of the DT for lots of inspiration!

I will catch up with you all later! Take care xx

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Super fab sassy card Susan...awesome image and colours.

Gosh I do hope David will be fine, of course he will, positive thinking..xx

Sue said...

Fabulous card and image Susan.Love the colours.
Hugs for you x

rachel said...

super card Susan - and glad to get another smile from rafe - he's so cheeky!!!

Viv said...

Great card Susan!

Sue said...

Sorry to hear that Dave's appointment didn't go too well, I do hope that thing will get better soon.
Your card is fabulous, such a great image and wonderful colouring . I love the papers and layout too.
Take care
hugs Sue xx

Debs said...

Fab fun card Susan.
Hope you are keeping well.
Debs xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Susan, such a great image and wonderful colouring.
I'm sorry to hear that Dave's appointment didn't go too well, I do hope that things will improve soon.
Pauline
x

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Susan, this is fabulous! Love the papers you used and your coloring is wonderful.

JJ said...

Hi Suzie,

This is great I thought 'Oh Mrs Captain America' before I read what her title was so its very fitting lol!

Great image and colouring.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

pinky said...

What a worry Susan, hope everything works out ok for Dave. Great job with the card, would have been totally stumped there.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Susan. A fabulous image and colouring
Lorraine x

chrissy xx said...

Sorry to hear Dave's appointment didn't go well, hope things will improve.
LOving your image..LOving your colours too.
Chrissyxx

Chrissy said...

SUPER,SUPER, card Susan..fabulous image and colouring and the papers are perfect..
Hope you and Dave get the best results..take care.

luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quirky card. Sorry things didnt go as well as you wanted at the hospital. Sending a big hug xxx

Craftychris said...

What a delightfully quirky and sassy card - its fab! Poor Dave - I hope he gets sorted soon! Take care xx

Mau xx said...

Lots of prayer going out over the next month for Dave xx
Love the card, the papers are super and what a fab image.
Sending Hugs Susan.
Mau xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, very sassy. Love the image and fabby papers. Gorgoeous colouring too xx

Bridie said...

Great card, I love the image and your take on the theme

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Happy Friday!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

coops said...

so gorgeous susan.fabulous design and i love the sassy image :D

xx coops xx

Janette said...

Fabulously fun card Susan, really love it..xx

Judith said...

So sorry to here that things we're not as good as you hoped for Dave, Susan - hope things are better on your next visit x - as for this sassy lady - she's fab, I love the design and papers just perfect for this little lady hugs Judith x

scrappymo! said...

Hope things will be better for your Dave!
Your card is great...reminds me of the big planes we saw at the Imperial War Museum that had ladies like this painted on the bombers.

You have captured that "American" feel with your colours and image!

Patricia said...

Great image making a fantastic card, great design

Patricia xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful job of colouring the image, love those patriotic colours. Fabulous card, terrific design!
hugs
Glenda

Kim Kelley said...

Sending you good thoughts and prayers! What a fun and colorful card! Love it Susan! HUGS