Tuesday 10 June 2014

Father's Day/Male Card

Good morning and welcome to a new challenge at Crafty Sentiments.  The theme this week is Father's Day/Male Card.  As I no longer have my Father I have gone for this:


I have used Dayna Elephant which is available here from Crafty Sentiments Designs. I coloured Dayna with my Prismas for a change but not sure if I am happy with the result.  The papers are Nitwits and I paper pieced the balloon and bow tie.  I used SB Grand Nestie to cut the bottom of the card shape.  The sentiment is Pink Petticoat which I enlarged and printed directly onto Papermill Linen cardstock.

Here is another view:


Hmmm think I may make another in pink for a baby girl.  We have another great prize this week:


Remember you can have up to 6 chances of winning with your project just by using a Crafty Sentiment image and being a follower of the Inspirations Blog!  Please pop over to the challenge at Crafty Sentiments to see what the rest of the DT have done.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says - Father's Day/Masculine
Cardz 4 Guyz - Male Birthday
Ladybug Crafts Ink - For Him
Papertake Weekly - For The Boys
Craft Your Passion - For the Boys/Father's Day

Thank you so much for looking and your continued support, I really appreciate it. Take care xx

32 comments:

caroline said...

this is just so so adorable, great image, wonderful coloring just wow
caroline x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Cute card hun, love the papers & layout!
Hugs Shell xx

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh this is so cute Susan luv it.
Chris x

Jo said...

Aw Susan that's gorgeous, looks so clean & fresh.....perfect new baby card!
hugs Jo x

Viv said...

Awwww cute elephant Susan! Great card.x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow what a sweet baby card I really love it!!

Greetings
Maria

rachel said...

Wonderful card Susan - Dayna is looking super cute! Big hugs to you! Rachel x

Anet's Crafting said...

Awww this is just an adorable card Susan, I love the cute elephant image and your colouring is fabulous. Pretty paper. Hugs Anet

scrappymo! said...

I love the colouring...it is soft...like a baby!

Very adorable looking card!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Susan. I love the sweet image and your colouring looks fabulous to me!
hugs Sue xx

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is so gorgeous! Love all the scallops and the heart balloon! I think your colouring is fab too! xx

Mary J said...

Omigosh, that is so darn cute, Suzie!!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Susan.
Sue xx

chrissy xx said...

Awhh! He is soooo sweet..FABulous colouring Susan and I Love your paper piecing.
Chrissyxx

cotnob said...

This is an adorable card Susan, such a sweet image and pretty pastel blues.
Pauline
x

JJ said...

Hi Suzie,

This is fabulous, love the image of the cute Elephant and the design is beautiful.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Susan said...

This is gorgeous Susan - the image is sooo cute, and paper piecing is perfect. Hugs xx

Patricia said...

Aww!! Susan, your card is just so "darned cute" I love it.
You colouring and design are beautiful
Hugs

Patricia x

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh hun this is just so cute and your colouring is fab hun love it hugs cheryl xx

Anonymous said...

Awww this is super cute, so pretty. Hope you are well. Thanks for your lovely words on the blog. I will post some snaps before I fly out xx

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh, this is so sweet!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful baby boy card Susan and your colouring is superb..I love the cute elephant..so gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

julie_woolston said...

Aww Susan what an adorable little fella a really beautiful card and delicate colours.
Hugs Julie xxx

Laura Sterckx said...

This is ADORABLE! I love the baby elephant and the beautiful way you colored it. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

aussie aNNie said...

A great idea to do a card like this, something I would do for mother's day....Susan I have closed Memories to Keep due to a hacking so please come and join up and join in my new blog and candy...luv aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start



Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful baby card, wonderful image and design!
hugs
Glenda

Unknown said...

Aaww, awesome and supercute baby card Susan, lovely design, too! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

ahlers5 said...

Such an adorable card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week.

Sandy said...

So very sweet - one for a girl would be wonderful too!
sandy xx

coops said...

aw so gorgeous susan.really sweet image and I love your crisp design ;D

xx coops xx

Bonnie Irvine said...

The colouring looks great to me...lovely strong shading and highlighting. The scallops are such a sweet detail and I love the overall composition. Thank you for joining our Father's Day/For the Boys Challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

Julie said...

This is just the sweetest of cards! Thank you so much for sharing it with the Ladybugs this time. Have a great weekend, Julie.x