Friday 7 June 2013

Good Day Sunshine!

Good morning to you all! Well it has been a glorious week all week here in Blackpool and the sun is streaming through now as I write this!  It was so nice yesterday that I dragged Dave down to the sea front for a walk along the promenade - no Kiss Me Quick hats though!  Thought I would share some pictures I took with my phone to show what a gorgeous day it was:


Look at that sky!!


The tide was just going out and three boys had their costumes on and were frolicking away in the water!


So much sand and hardly anyone around!


A view up towards Bispham and Cleveleys, miles and miles of sand - who needs the Costa Del Sol when we get the sun!!

I will be back later with my card for Card Makin' Mamas.  Taking my Aunt out for lunch then I really need to get organised with my packing we are leaving at 4:00 in the morning on Sunday!!  Thanks for looking, see you later and take care! xx

12 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful pictures Susan, I bet it was lovely, it's been gorgeous here too , but today we have sheet rain and thunder and lightening.
Hugs Julie xxx

Unknown said...

picture perfect looks fantastic there, weather is great here as well, long may it continue.
Chris x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Susan, great photos, looks lovely, and yes if we only had consistent days like this we wouldn't need to go abroad for the sunshine.
We're off on Monday to Iceland, where it's cloudy and rainy, but I don't care, it will be fantastic, also I will join te 60 club whilst there.
Have a fabulous holiday in Texas, should be sunshine all the way there, and have a lovely day today, Katex

rachel said...

wow - that looks amazing Susan - I just love Blackpool - we often visit with the girls - but oddly enough don't do the beach too often - we do go to Thornton and Cleveleys beaches though - and Southport - such a fabulous coast! Enjoy another day in paradise xx

Sue said...

Wonderful photos Susan. Weather is not so great here today but it supposed to be improving by the weekend - yippee!
hugs Sue xx

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

Lovely pictures Susan - gorgeous blue skies and miles of golden sand. It has been cloudy here in Bedfordshire the last couple of days but sunny today.

Sarahx

Sue B said...

Ooh these are lovely photos Susan... it feels like I am really there on that beach... bet there is a great view from the Tower on a day like this!!

Hope you enjoy your lunch with your Aunt!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Looks stunning hun, we are up in Blackpool soon for the airshow!
Hugs Shell xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos Susan, you must really have enjoyed yourself immensely! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Janette said...

You know Susan these are my sentiments exactly about Blackpool, we do seem to get some bad press and yet it was gorgeous when we were down there..x

mags said...

Beautiful photos Susan. We had lots of sunshine yesterday but dull and grey today. That's English weather for you lol.
Mags
x

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful scenery, lucky you to live so close to such wonder!
hugs
Glenda