Monday 29 August 2011

29th August 2011

Happy Bank Holiday - I'm sat here with a wooly jumper, socks and the central heating on brrrrrr!!  Has the summer (what summer I hear you ask) finally flown the coop or are we going to have a lovely warm Indian Summer, haha?
Its too miserable to do anything today so we have stayed in which means I get to play in my craft room - hooray!  As it is so cold out I have made a Christmas card 'cause it feels like Christmas.


I distressed the edges of the Nitwits paper and the image is a Sarah Kay which I have just looked for and can't find anywhere!  I really must sort my stamps out, however I have found some I didn't know I had shoved in a drawer lol.  I cut the heart out with I think it was a Nellie Snellen die and distressed it with Distress Ink Faded Jeans and added the script with Weathered Wood, the script is from an old Hero Arts background stamp which I love and have used so much over the years.  The poinsetta is a Marianne die which I just got last week and I added a Kars brad to the centre. I coloured the image with copics but I don't really like the colour of the dress, I would have preferred it to be paler.  I will enter the following challenges:-

Catered Crop - Recipe (I have used text/script, distress inks, copics, ribbon, brads and stickles)
The Crafty Pad - Distressing and tearing
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Ribbon or lace


Thanks for looking, take care xx

8 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's lovely, wonderful soft colors. Christmas is coming soon ;)
Thanks for joining the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Dawn said...

Lovely project! I know what you mean about Christmas, it's freezing here in Edinburgh too!
I love your card! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week for our Distressing/Tearing challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Janie Printz said...

This is simply GORGEOUS !!! I LOVE the soft shades of tone on tone .... It couldn't be any better ... So beautifully colored & all pulled together into one lovely creation ...
Hugs, Janie

Yvonne Garner said...

What a refreshing and lovely Christmas card! It has turned cooler here in the states, too! Was thinking this morning I really must start my cards. Thanks for joining us at the Fashionable Stamping Challenge. Best, Yvonne

Cazro said...

A very pretty cool Christmas card. The main stamped image is very pretty, I agree with you about the dress.I love your background elements. Thanks for stamping along with us at Fashionable S.C. Hope to see you again. Caz

Debbie said...

Very nice indeed - very sweet image. Great christmas card. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

aqualeiga said...

Oh how utterly adorable! Love the muted colours and cute image. Thanks so much for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our Distressing/Tearing challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs from Ali x

Fliss said...

A really sweet card Susan and love the soft colours.
Thanks for joining in with FSC Ribbon and Lace challenge and good luck.
Fliss x