Saturday 4 May 2013

Washi tape!

Good morning to you all, don't talk too loud I have a bit of a wine headache this morning lol!

Over at Card Makin' Mamas a new challenge started the other day.  There have been a few problems with the challenge and it did not start when it should and we had to change the challenges around so I have not posted my card yet! The new challenge is washi tape well I can tell you that sent me into a real panic!  I am not really a fan of it and I didn't want to buy something that I wouldn't use again but then I remembered that I had bought some in Florida last year and dug it out! However when I dug it out it turned out to be Christmas Washi tape!! So out came all my Christmas boxes and I had to make a Christmas card - yes Chrissy I know!! Here it is:



Items Used:

Stamps - Waltzing Mouse and Molly Bloom Sentiment
Papers: October Afternoon 'Make it Merry'
Dies: Spellbinders Bauble, Marianne Tree, Memory Box Precious Stars, Cheery Lynn Expandable Tiny Borders, Lil Inker Penant Die
Embellishments: Martha Stewart Washi Tape and ribbon, gems from stash, Fired Brick DI, Clear Embossing powder - resist technique

Please go over to Card Makin' Mamas and see the rest of the DT makes, a lot better than mine!!  Thanks for looking today, enjoy your weekend! Take care xx

22 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful christmas card Susan, love the colours and the whole design of it.

Hope it was a good night and worth the headache, it'll go soon hopefully, kate x

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie this is absoluteley stunning, hugs Pops x x x

julie_woolston said...

I am whispering gorgeous card Suasan, love those papers and the design, gorgeous bauble too.

Hope your headache soon goes, I've been there many a time.

Hugs Julie xxx

pinky said...

I'm not a fan of washi tape either Susan but you have done a lovely job and you now have another card off your list for Christmas!!

Claire said...

A lovely card, fab colours and layout. Hugs, Claire x

Unknown said...

Fantastic xmas card Susan fab design, me too a little brandy head, have a great weekend.
Chris x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Great Christmas card suzan
Hugs Kelly

Eileen said...

Fab card Susan and it's never too early to make Christmas cards. Great colour choices and love the new stars... mine should be in the post :) A really pretty card
Eileen x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous Christmas card Susan, I love your colour combination and great die cut details.

Thank you for your kind words regarding my son, he seems a little better this morning - I just feel so helpless though, there is nothing I can do except be there for him and hand out pain killers.

I hope your headache soon goes - did you have a good night!

Pauline
x

Sue said...

This is fabulous. I love the design, brilliant colours and great detailing.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
hugs Sue xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Susan!! what a beautiful colour combo… I love the bauble and the beautiful papers… all the embellies are perfect… it's a fab card!! :-)
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Craftychris said...

I hope your headache has gone now, I am sure it was worth it though! Your card is fabulous! The design is gorgeous - I am scared to say it, but it made me feel quite Christmassy! aaaaaaah! xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Susan, love using washi tap and only 'dug' mine out the box today for the same challenge...let me know when your candy arrives...xx

Patricia said...

For not liking Washie tape you have made an absolutely stunning card.
Have a great weekend

Patricia xxx

Mary J said...

Hello Suzie! I really should get my skates on and start on my xmas cards too! Your card is gorgeous - traditional colours, yet modern too!

chrissy xx said...

Yippee! Yes!! A Christmas card..I had to go and have a coffee lol..when I saw it.
It really is GOrgeous! LOve your colours..LOve your design...LOve your bauble..LOve these MB dies...
LOve everything.
Chrissyxx
Waiting for the next one now lol x

sandy's crafty bits said...

super christmas card suze well done ... good job you had that little trip to florida eh ?? lol ... I tried making my own washi tape once and was quite impressed then didn't know what to do with it lol ... thank you so much for hopping by my blog ... have a great bank holiday weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Chrissy said...

I dont like those cruel mornings when we had so much fun the night before...not nice....fabulous Christmas card Susan, never used washi tape, but must give it a try..hope you feel better by now..

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

so gorgeous susan.i love the fab bauble and great colours :D

xx coops xx

Sandy said...

Hey Susan - Pretty Christmas card. I like you papers and the way you decorated this with that pretty ornament.
Sandy

karen said...

Fab card Susan, love your design and colours, Karenx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous christmas card Susan. I love the design and colours.
Lorraine x