Sunday 15 July 2012

Hollywood comes to town!!

Good morning everyone from a sunny Blackpool! The weather here is being very kind to us so far this weekend.  Next week sees the start of The Open at Royal Lytham which is just down the road.  Can you believe it but George Clooney was in one of the pubs last night?  Well my sister and I are going to watch the practice today evidently you can pay to watch the practice and they have hospitality tents and shopping tents! Tom Cruise is also supposed to be here - goodness me!! My sister said I can't wear my leopard print stillettos I have to wear sensible shoes lol.  You may have gathered by now that I have absolutely no interest in golf but who could resist the chance to maybe catch a glimpse of one of these guys?  Who knows we may get chatting and get on like a house on fire and then who knows what could happen???? Yeah right more likely to be thinking who's that weird woman who keeps following me around drooling!

I must admit that I am really struggling with Mr Mojo at the moment so I have been having a bit of a rest from crafting.  I did make a card the other day and I also have one half finished I just need to decide on the final layout.  Here is the card I made the other day:


Its really quite plain but I didn't want to add too much so that it could be suitable for a man.  The stamp is from a pile I have on my workdesk that I have had for a while and never used it is by Stamposaurus Stamps.  The papers are Nitwits.  The twine is from my stash it came free from an order I placed and I really like it but boy does it fray as soon as you cut it so I added some Glossy Accents to the ends to stop it unraveling entirely! I have used Nesties for the backing paper and the tag was cut out from a really old Sissix die. The image was coloured with Copics. Really now that I look at it its far too plain - oh well.

I hope my mojo comes back soon, I have a really busy week and I'm not sure how much crafty time I can squeeze in this week so maybe the break will do me good lol!  Thanks for looking, take care xx

27 comments:

Sue said...

Good morning Susan,love the image.
Hope you have fun at the Open Practice.
Hugs Sue xx

nnalorac said...

It's gorgeous Susan, love the image and simple design. Enjoy your day, sounds like fun to me. The talent spotting not the golf lol! Hope your day out lifts Mr Mojo, frustrating when he decides to go into hols mode. Carolxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Fabulous card Susan. Love the image and the colours are great. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

pinky said...

Oh I am so jealous Susan, George Clooney and Tom Cruise! Hope you do bump into at least one of them lol. Love your glass house card, love the fresh feel with the gingham.

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Susan love the image and the design is fabulous. Have a good day at the golf. Caroline xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Have a fabbie day at the golf hun!!

Stunning card as always hun...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Janette said...

This is so sweet, perfect home image to I think, your mojo is defo around..lol...

Lucky you getting to see 'THOSE' boys...and the weather is behaving very nicely at the minute I agree...have fun..xx

chrissy xx said...

What a FABulous image! LOving your colours too.
Chrissyxx
Dream on Susan he! he!
If you get them to call for dinner give me a ring lol ....

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Susan....love the image and lovely colours.xxx

Sue said...

fabulous card Susan, Love the image and the colours are super
Hope you have a good day

Sue

cotnob said...

I really like this card Susan, that image is lovely and your papers are just right for it.
I hope you have a lovey day and see lots of 'stars'.
Pauline
x

May said...

Hi Susan... or should I say Mrs Cruise.. ( lol) I love this card... great design & colours... the backing papers are so pretty..Have a good afternoon with your sister... Hugs May x x x

Unknown said...

Yikes Susan, no, not Tom Cruise please! Go for good ol' George instead, he's much more virile, lol! And he knows how to make a good cup of coffee, too ;-) Your greenhouse card is adorable! Such a fab stamp, looks great against the gingham!! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.com
p.s. must say I like the sound of your leopard stillettos!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, love that image & sentiment!
Hope you have a fab day!
Hugs Shell xx

Sue B said...

This is fab Susan! I love the image and your colouring is beautiful !! Love the scrummy papers and twine.. and the sentiment is perfect..
Hope you enjoy the golf.. and hope you see somebody dishy!! I'm with Ira... don't get spirited away by Tom !!!!... go for George!!! LOL
Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Brilliant card Susan. Love the greenhouse, it looks much tidier than mine!! I have some little green tomatoes on my plants now! (and lots of spiders!!)
Enjoy the golf.
Lorraine x

julie_woolston said...

Lovely card Susan, hope you had a brilliant day with your Sister.

Hugs Julie x

Chrissy said...

Tom Cruise eh!!....well, I would go with the leopard stillettos..lol..fabulous card for a keen gardener Susan..great image and colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Asusan your Mojo will return ,this card is lovely well done. However if we don't hear from you will will know you have run off with George Clooney. Have fun Hugs Elaine

Glenda Atkins said...

I love your card it is a great one for a gardener! I laughed at your little spiel about the arrival of the 'hollywood' stars. Be careful what you wish for, I once (many years ago) found myself standing beside Dustin Hoffman and I towered above him! Never felt quite the same about him after that! I was 5'7" and was wearing LOAFERS..... so no stilettos for sure LOL..

hugs
glenda

Eileen said...

Great card for a man Susan. Know what you mean about the mojo... A few of mine have hit the bin this week. Hope you had a great time celeb spotting, the stilettos could have made you fall for someone :)
Eileen x

coops said...

so gorgeous susan.the image is stunning and fab design :D

xx coops xx

Craftychris said...

I love it! Not too plain at all. My last post is the plainest card ever ever ever!! I saw this stamp at Newbury and didn't buy it but after seeing the fab job you have done I neeeed it. Its a perfect guy card. Enjoy your stalking, sorry I meant to say Golf! Honest!! xx

April said...

Hope you enjoyed star spotting :o) I love this card, I think it's perfect for a man, and the natural tones are lovely x

Wendy said...

Hi Susan, gorgeous card, love the image.
Wendy xx

Sandy said...

I love this card -- I like anything that spells home and this does. How exciting to have so many "famous" people visiting. You are so funny - I think you should wear your wild animal prints. I an woman hear me roar. Love your blog Sugar!
Sandy

Annie said...

This is gorgeous, I love the image so sweet, Hugs Ann xxx